Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.

Go down 
+10
theboy
s13.240sx
thefreack
traphikcod4
600SX
kouki_chee
Flicktitty
lssilvia
chuck_chizzle
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:41 pm

chuck_chizzle wrote:

i'm not sure what your expectations are but if i am painting something for a customer i demand perfection out of myself and the paint job....perfection isn't cheap.

+1
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:18 pm

not contradicting anyone about paint here, but a small jar of flake goes a loooooooong ways. Chuck is correct tony, youll be doing at least 2 coats of clear with flake and then another 2 to of just clear. Then wet sand with a very high grit. If i was you chuck, not saying you dont know what your doing or making a fight. I would spray a base clear(one layer of clear, just clear), then spray 2 layers of clear and flake (your dirty clear), check the amount of flake, then spray 4 coats of regular clear to seal it in. That way with 4 coats, youll have plenty of room to wet sand with no worries.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 pm

im just trying to get chuck to paint it for me cuz i dont want to go to a shop and get ass sprayed in layers!
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:06 pm

ok chuck fuck it , u want me to do it ! ok ill do it ! what all do i need to spray. gun,psi,materials. all that and ill try and do it!
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Uh ladies, this is a build thread. Chuck's build thread.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:21 pm

CHUCK BUILD SOMETHING!
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 pm

thank you jim......

this is my last reply on this matter.....all others please create a new thread so this shit can be merged into it.

theboy wrote:
not contradicting anyone about paint here, but a small jar of flake goes a loooooooong ways. Chuck is correct tony, youll be doing at least 2 coats of clear with flake and then another 2 to of just clear. Then wet sand with a very high grit. If i was you chuck, not saying you dont know what your doing or making a fight. I would spray a base clear(one layer of clear, just clear), then spray 2 layers of clear and flake (your dirty clear), check the amount of flake, then spray 4 coats of regular clear to seal it in. That way with 4 coats, youll have plenty of room to wet sand with no worries.

I've told him before I have never done something like this that is why i was just giving a rough idea of what would all be entailed. the first coat of straight clear is a good idea though. my car WILL have flake in it but under the hood it wasn't a priority mainly because it is fucking expensive.....i paid $40 for a fucking sample pack of flakes from ALSA.

I was going to make some test panels for my car to see what I liked best before i sprayed it, i just haven't had time. everything i have learned about paint was either through my dad or by just practicing. i WOULD like to go to school for learning how to mend metal but painting is probably the easiest part of body work there is.

the kind of paint job my car will have would easily be like a 5-10k$ paint job at a shop. just sayin.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:27 pm

lssilvia wrote:
CHUCK BUILD SOMETHING!
come watch my niece....she has been home sick with me most of the week...haven't had any time. too cold at night to fire up the wood stove in the shop.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 pm

BOAT PAINT YO!!! hella low rider style brah. thats where its at (smart ass) jk
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:46 pm

anyway. so i am contemplating selling my arc oil pan and getting a moroso. any opinions on this?
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:14 am

id say u know what ur doing so if u choose to do so its for good reason
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:05 am

I didn't know moroso made a pan for that. What are the differences between the two?
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:34 pm

arc is cast, moroso is sheet/welded. i know there was some sealing issues on the first ones but i think they have fixed that by now.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Depending on how low it sits, the moroso may be better because it'll bend, not crack.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 pm

yeah. that was kind of my reasoning behind getting it.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm

I Vote moroso a few buddies have had there pans on various setups they all seem very nice, but you loose mad jdm points for selling ARC one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:36 pm

true....my car might pull to the left or only go straight with a moroso pan
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Coming from personal experience, The Moroso pan is very nice quality. Never heard anything about them leaking, and have had a bunch of friends running them. Downside tho is they sit kinda low so you need to make sure your motor mounts arent short otherwise youll break the pan. Its also a welded aluminum pan so it doesnt flex/bend as much as people think. Usually if hit they break at the welds. If your looking for an opinion tho, i would go with the tomei pan. Its sheet steel so it will take plenty of abuse if it. And i say if because it sits higher than the moroso, greddy, trust, and ARC pans.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:46 pm

i didn't even know they made a pan. how is the price on it? i plan on running a skid plate of some sort but yeah. also i have kazama mounts.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:50 pm

SKIDS for the win man smart fucking idea for real!
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:22 pm

ya they make a very nice pan. It just doesnt hold as much as the others. Basically just doubles the stock capacity. They run anywhere from $300 to $400 depending on the place selling them.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/sr20/sr20det-en.html

scroll down and youll see it. I found out about them when a buddy bought a tomei 2.2 stroker crate motor
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 pm

I believe that frsport sells them for like 350 or so.

http://www.frsport.com/Tomei-11111R520-Oversize-Oil-Pan-Nissan-SR20DE-T--PS13-S14-S15_p_8252.html

I am a huge fan of Tomei parts I have purchased several of their products and have been impressed with the quality of the products everytime. They also make sure that you have all of the necessary hardware and gaskets provided with the parts for install.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 pm

that thing looks titties. sorry arc, you're going bye bye LOLZ
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm

theboy wrote:
Coming from personal experience, The Moroso pan is very nice quality. Never heard anything about them leaking,

the very first run the flanges on them were too thin and warped during the weld process and then when mounted they eventually developed sealing issues i guess. that is what i read years ago....like back in 04-05ish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.   The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Unicorn.... The tale of a neverending project....now with more 5 lug.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next