Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Might be a stupid questions but.....

Go down 
+5
ohhhizzzy
240sxguy
kouki_chee
93sapphirecoupe
Project S14
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Project S14
Project S14

Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm off on monday maybe then?
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Call me Monday.
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Just my oil changed and they told me the driver outer tie rod is bad, rear pads rotors and calipers need replacing also the upper motor has a weird noise. I asked how much it would cost to get all that taken care of and he said between $850-$1000 does that sound about right?
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:07 pm

no not at all $100 for rear pads/rotors. tie rod is like $60 MAYBE. and the upper motor noise i bet is the DOHC's typical timing belt tensioner thingie clack. pretty much take off the valve cover, and remove the 2 bolts that hold the little thing on the front of the motor that doesnt do anything, put new gasket on and install valve cover, that should get rid of the noise.

Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:21 pm

sounds right from a shop...lol
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Screw them haha I had a feeling that was pricey. Just like when I asked them how much for a tune up (car x) they said $224
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Project S14 wrote:
Just my oil changed and they told me the driver outer tie rod is bad, rear pads rotors and calipers need replacing also the upper motor has a weird noise. I asked how much it would cost to get all that taken care of and he said between $850-$1000 does that sound about right?

for the noice just replace your timing chain when its making noice it means is stretched to where it has to be changed, and i would do it soon because if it snaps the motor will have to be replaced. the plate on top of chain is there to guard the chain from completely coming off. so i would not take it off.
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Is it hard to do? I'm really trying to make this car last. so I'm going to do what ever it takes to make it a reliable ride
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:12 am

changing the timing chain is not that hard just have to be really carefull to mark your timing before you start taking anything out cause ka dont have any timing marks on the chains or the cam pulleys.
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:27 am

^^ Thanks izzy i'll have to order it with my next check

So far I found out these things need to be replaced

Rear Calipers $174.00
Rear Pads $29.99 OEM
Rear Rotors $21.99
Front Outer Tie Rod$20.99
------------------------------------------------
$304.16(with core) with tax at Autozone
$256.86 (w/o core) with tax

Timing Chain $ 179.95(kit)
Left front turning lamp socket $5.00

Edit: I think my motor is almost out the door. This morning I turned on my car like every day before work and it idled kind of high (normally it stays around 500rpm at idle) and today is was up toward 1500 then moved back down to 500 after a few minutes. And now the car vibrates like crazy and there is a louder knock going on under the Valve Cover. During this whole time no check engine or anything. During my way to work when you try to accelerate no gunning it or anything just driving normal. The car would make a chuckachuckachuka noise(I guess like stuttering) and get up to speed very slowly. Finally made it to work and still ran like crap. Well heading home (15miles from work) the check engine light came on and once I made it home I decided to park it. I have no idea what i'm going to do now because this is my only way to work, I haven't even beat on this thing at all since it always had a little knocking noise didn't want to take any chances you know.
Back to top Go down
nismodave
nismodave

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:27 pm

When did you buy that car? I just sold a red S14 to a kid in appleton.
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:30 pm

I just bought it on the 13th but wasn't able to actually drive it until almost two weeks ago. I should have had a mechanic check it out before I bought it
Back to top Go down
nismodave
nismodave

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Just curious if its the same car I sold late last year.
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm

It might have been I found i out quite a few people owned this one lol [quote]
Back to top Go down
nismodave
nismodave

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Where u buy it from?
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

My friend that lives in round lake.he bought it from someone in Wisconsin. My friend dad use to own it also and got it from kenosha. Then he told me his friend mary owned it for a short while. And Izzy use to own it too haha
Back to top Go down
nismodave
nismodave

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:33 pm

The Jennifer Aniston of the 240 world.
Back to top Go down
Project S14
Project S14

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:36 pm

^^^ apparently haha just wish it was in an awesome condition like yours and 600sx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might be a stupid questions but.....   Might be a stupid questions but..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Might be a stupid questions but.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2