Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... Empty
PostSubject: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:22 pm

I think some of you are around there? Either way, you're all closer than me. Anyway, I have a friend who might move to the area to go to Carroll University since they have a program there that is recommended by the school he goes to now.....which is oddly enough, in Hawaii.

The weather is going to be the most obvious change for him, but some questions he had were how the area is as far as crime and ghettoness and if there is an asian community there at all. (he is white but his wife is japanese). Also he was curious how much it would be to like rent a house/apartment that is animal friendly....he has some cats and a bunny and a hamster or some shit.

He has a 350Z but he would prolly sell that since it wouldn't be economical to ship it over. He's dealt with this before. He had a mk4 supra before that he had to get shipped to hawaii from vegas.

So if any of you guys know the area that would be cool if you could answer some of these questions.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm not REAL familiar with the area, but in a whole Waukesha is a pretty nice city. for one it's size you really don't hear of that much crime or problems.

as far as lifestyle i dont think he will like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm

yeah...im pretty sure he won't like it but he is willing to suffer to get to hang out with me and to finish his schooling...lol
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:48 pm

alright do you know around the exact location of waukesha? like as close as he can get to the campus/school?

waukesha has its areas of ghetto, just like any little town/city and thats more central to be honest just east of "downtown" waukesha

no at the culture and shit for asains, i could not answer you that, but i can ask some peeps how it is bc i have alot of close friends that live there

my buddy has an apt 2 br with 2 cats, and i wanna say they pay like 1100-1200 bc it just went up, but you also get 2 spots to part underground at his. idk what is all included with the price either, but its a nice part right off hwy64

otherwise with ghettoness its a hit and miss really. you could go to the whitest neightbor and youll always run into that random house or 2 where the son thinks hes "hood"

but if you want some real answers, give me some questions that i can ask my friends and i can get you legit answers from waukesha residents
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:06 pm

i will link him to this thread and try to get him on here so he can ask specifics. i hate being the middle man.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 pm

My wife is a Carroll alumni. The Campus is not a high crime area at all. The rent can range from like 850-??? depenends on how close to the campus you want to be and how nice of a place you want to live in. Alex(my wife) and I used to live in Waukesha, and we loved it. There is a lot of conviniences in that area i.e.,shopping restaurants, parks, and lots of entertainment possiblities. I don't think you are going to find a particularily large asian population, but I do know that there is a great deal of latinos in the area. So it is culturaly diverse. If your friend has any questions he can talk to my wife, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:49 pm

alls i know is east of the campus or w.e and a little north east is a little ghetto bc i have friends that like there....
or used to... and i also worked for stanley steemer and i got stuck cleaning some of the houses and shit

ask me or dustin either or, or both
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:32 pm

thanks dudes....i hope he decides to come on here and post.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:42 pm

i play softball like 4 blocks from the campus and i practice like .5 miles away at another park, and my buddy and my ex gf and such all live like right there
Back to top Go down
matto
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks for the link Chuck and thank you all for the information.

As long as the area is not like USC's surrounding area, we should be fine. I had originally planned to attend USC's grad school but the area was just to violent for me to feel like I could bring my wife out there and be safe. I was given an option to fast track my doctorate, but would require me to go to Carroll or Creighton Medical in Nebraska. I'm still not 100% sure I will take the fast track, but we shall see.

Are there any Asian (particularly Japanese) markets in the area that anyone knows of? Restaurants? Even a simple sushi place would be a welcome sight for her as she's not particularly a fan of "American" food (health wise). Again, thank you all for your insight and I appreciate your help.

-Matto
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 pm

i can't speak for that area but in arlington heights (suburban chicago) which isn't a HORRIBLE drive....maybe a weekly or biweekly adventure.... there is mitsuwa, which is a japanese marketplace that has a grocery store and other shit kinda like don quixote. there should be decent sushi places in milwaukee i'd think also.
Back to top Go down
matto
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:23 am

That's good, we have a few mitsuwas here as well. I'm sure we could pick up a weeks worth of food like that. Good to know thanks Chuck.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 pm

There are several really good Sushi/Hibachi places in the Brookfield area about a 10-15 min. drive from the Carroll campus. There is also a few asian grocery stores in the area. I can't tell you how good or authentic they are though because my wife and I have not been to them. Your wife should have no problem finding things that will make her feel comfortable. Seriously if you have any questions about the area post them or PM me and I can give you my phone number, my wife and I are happy to help.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 pm

s13.240sx wrote:
Seriously if you have any questions about the area post them or PM me and I can give you my phone number, my wife and I are happy to help.

same as dustin said here, besides the wife part bc i am not married lol

if you have any direct questions just ask, and im sure youll get good answers from dustin and myself

otherwise google, im sure will be your best friend, there are new stores and dine in places opening all the time and what not...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...   some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University... Empty

Back to top Go down

some questions about Waukesha/Carroll University...
Page 1 of 1