Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

broke and need advice!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nismokid
nismokid

broke and need advice! Empty
PostSubject: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:05 am

alright guys im on a limited budget and i need to get my car running. all i should need as of right now is valve locks, gasket kit and head studs to get my car running. when i say limited budget i mean about $300 and keep in mind that i will need to buy fluids and what after the motor is put back together. anyone know of semi cheap and decent parts that i could get. i would wait longer and save up more money but im leaving for the air force soon and the car needs to be driven somewhere where i can store it while im gone. also i guess when i took my other motor apart and stored bolts i lost a motor mount nut. i was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions on the nut that i could use to replace it? sorry for such a long post and the motor is a ka24e. thank you guys!
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 am

I think kraig (aka lssilvia) might have the gaskets for you at a good price
Back to top Go down
nismokid
nismokid

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 am

oh sweet! i guess i could have gotten them when i picked up the motor from him! oh and congrats on 240 posts! thank you i will def talk to him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:10 am

Can't help you with the car, but...

Are you going in with a guaranteed afsc or general/mechanical/electrical?
How long are you in DEP?
Looking at enlisted for after my wedding in June.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

If you are worried about that situation, do you know where you will be storing the car? I would just get AAA and have them tow it to storage for you.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm

for the bolt just take another one off and go to a hardware store and find one?

otherwise if your on a budget, just get it towed to the place your gonna store it.
thats what i would recommend
Back to top Go down
nismokid
nismokid

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 pm

77 wrote:

How long are you in DEP?

im going in with mainly mechanical and electrical jobs, i just got put in DEP after i got sworn into the air force on the 10th, i actually just got off the phone with my recruiter going over my pack list and i also signed up for quick ship.

also guys i have a bunch of stuff that needs to go into a storage unit so as of right now i need to put my non running dsm into a storage unit around my area with all of my belongings and then the 240 needs to be driven to Glen Carbon IL. where it will be stored at my uncles house. i would store both cars in storage units but i plan on working on my 240 and maybe buying another car when i get out of basic so i dont really wanna pay storage units with all the money im going to make. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 am

nismokid wrote:
77 wrote:

How long are you in DEP?

im going in with mainly mechanical and electrical jobs, i just got put in DEP after i got sworn into the air force on the 10th, i actually just got off the phone with my recruiter going over my pack list and i also signed up for quick ship.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broke and need advice!   broke and need advice! Empty

Back to top Go down

broke and need advice!
Page 1 of 1