Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
feyd_w

i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... Empty
PostSubject: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 pm

i was in a parking lot just practicing 180's with the e brake at the time, i was drifting a bit too. but it felt like i had a flat tire for a second. then nothing, it turns easier now, but the wheels fight each when i turns still, think its possible that maybe one of my rear brakes could have been stuck half way?
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 am

Most likely the cause since you were jacking with your e-brake. Ebrake cables LOVE to corrode and stick the caliper "ON".

You can verify this by jacking up the rear of the car and trying to turn both left and right rear wheels. If you cant turn them you will either need new calipers (spring return mechanism shot) or new ebrake cables.

Hope that helps. Breaking a diff would be a permanent thing, very loud, chunky sounding in the rear, perhaps some grinding. Precision cut gears HATE debris, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:30 pm

^^ +1

What does your title mean "I think I broke the welds on my diff"? Did you weld the spiders??

I hope you didn't do this... Laughing J/K

i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... Epicfa10
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

ok i checked it out today, the tires still fight eachother. too muddy to actually take it apart. i bought it with a welded diff so i have no idea the strength of the welds. yea im gonna get a spare diff and weld it my self. yes i know how to do it hahaha, i love that pic
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm

When you say fight each other, if you spin one as if you were driving forward, does the other spin backward, or is it just hard to spin?
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:25 pm

i mean like if i turn real sharp they both go at the same rate
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:28 pm

if you broke the weld on your diff. your tires would be locked and there would be a pretty big size hole on the pumpkin. i think it might be something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......   i think i broke the welds on my diff today....... Empty

Back to top Go down

i think i broke the welds on my diff today.......
Page 1 of 1