Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My head gasket is shot, isn't it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
He-Man47
He-Man47

My head gasket is shot, isn't it? Empty
PostSubject: My head gasket is shot, isn't it?   My head gasket is shot, isn't it? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Earlier today, I was replacing a headlight housing on the s13 coupe (not related to the engine at all, I know, but I digress. Also, fuck you deer), and once all was said and done I figured I'd run to the gas station to buy a pack of victory smokes, when......... Nothing.
Fuck.
I turned the key again, and this time the pistons tried to get moving, but they weren't having any of that. Turn the key a third time, pump the gas, and success! The engine fires up, the rpms are high, naturally, there's a foot on the accelerator, and there is white smoke billowing out of the tailpipe.
Double fuck.
When I released the throttle, the engine dropped to about 500 rpm, and sputtered between that and 700 rpm for about twenty seconds, then it died. Naturally upset, I stormed and cussed my way to the front of the car (mind you, I hadn't closed the hood yet. I have no idea why), and much to my dismay, found my block leaking oil from places that aren't the oil cap, dipstick, or drain plug. It looks to me that my head gasket is blown, but I figured I'd get some other opinions before I go and buy $200 with of shit.

EDIT: Every time I've tried to start it since then, its done the same thing, sputtering and smoking, and I've needed to pump the gas, as if it's an old carb'ed engine.

Last edited by He-Man47 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I cannot into information.)
Back to top Go down
He-Man47
He-Man47

My head gasket is shot, isn't it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: My head gasket is shot, isn't it?   My head gasket is shot, isn't it? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 am

Yeah, it's my head gasket. I've got a friend with a KA that's currently collecting dust, so we decided to give it a Foster home. Since I'll have to take apart the head to replace the gasket, I figured I'd just do a rebuild while I'm at it. At some point, I'll make sure to start a thread chronicling the swap, rebuild, and re-swap.
Back to top Go down

My head gasket is shot, isn't it?
Page 1 of 1