Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

head gasket bore question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

head gasket bore question Empty
PostSubject: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

Hey everyone I was looking to buy a cometic head gasket I hear good things and bad things so ide like more input. and is it safe to run a 90.mm bored gasket when the stock bore is 89.mm? my motor was rebuilt but im not sure if it was bored over since it was a oem rebuild so im guessing its 89mm. my plans are to turbo it later on so i want to make sure the head can handle it. any info? please and thanks!
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:42 pm

I don't see a problem w/ a larger gasket opening, especially 1mm. If it were smaller than the bore I'd say no, but I wouldn't see any issues.
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:34 pm

see thats what i thought but then i hear about that little space between the head and block will be empty space and more likely the piston push air or whatever into it putting pressure on the gasket and possibly cracking the seal.. does this make sense or am i just thinking too much?
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Not in .5mm, I wouldn't think.
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 am

I have a 87mm on my stock SR with no probs. Just make sure you follow torque procedures. Copper spray will help the seal too.
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks guys im ganna go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: head gasket bore question   head gasket bore question Empty

Back to top Go down

head gasket bore question
Page 1 of 1