Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theboys Ricecar

Go down 
+10
600SX
93sapphirecoupe
kouki_chee
s13.240sx
Flicktitty
X1nom3D
ohhhizzzy
chuck_chizzle
Lizmo
theboy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:12 am

put a 350 on it haha
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:13 am

haha, thanks for the advice. The car originally the car had a small block 400 with a TPI setup. But i had to have a ka-t. Idk why i just did for some reason. The sohc would be nice again just for cruising, but your all rite, i want MOAR POWER. Which is why im hesitant to go the stock sr route. If i had the money rite now i would definitely go LS. Ive done the swap before in other cars and loved the reliability, but never loved the price. I think rite now, i just want to get back on the track. And the sr seems like i could run it stock, have reliability, and be able to cruise with it.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 am

well good things about the sr are:

i get about 32+ mpg on the hwy. average 28-32 every tank

can handle around 500whp with bolt ons. (lots of bolt ons)

very reliable.

wide power band for a small engine.

unlimited aftermarket.

etc...
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:58 am

ya, the after market is what i like, but the LS has an even bigger aftermarket. Hell anything that has a chevy badge on it, has a monster sized after market. What do you mean by bolts ons? Your running a stock long block, but youve changed everything else. Or youve built the long block as well. Cause if i go sr, all im doing is putting a t28 on it to get through the summer. Buying a house and going from there.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 am

An LS swap can be cheaper than an SR... I'm just saying.

And I average close to 30 mpg with 500+ HP at the flywheel.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 am

So you mean to tell me, i can find an LS with a t56 for $900? Cause thats what im paying for the sr, trans, and everything else minus a t25 and ecu. Im looking, ball park, around $1200-1400 to put it in. Last LS i looked at was $2000 for the motor, and then $400 for a t56, and the list goes on. 500hp sounds sick, but im not looking to dump a big chunk of my down payment into the car rite now. Plus, i found out from the race director at Black hawk farms, that the sr20 does qualify as a stock motor, so i just got bumped into the prepared class instead of the race class out there. WOOOOHOOOOO.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 am

Dustin spent more than an LS swap on his SR. Of course he spared no expense.

$2000 for an LS? You're getting raped.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

Im talkin crate motor fresh from factory, ive never bought a junkyard LS cause i watch what pricks in vettes and camaros do to them. I cant say people with sr's are any nicer either though. But my point was that i wont find an LS basically ready to go for $900. Plus headers, mounts, wiring it (i know it doesnt take much), custom drive shaft, ect. Just seems to add up and rite now its more of a time thing for me than money.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 am

Ok. It's a little more now, or a lot later to change it. I'm just speaking from experience. A wise man once told me, "Do what you want, you're going to anyway."
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 am

Ya, ive been told that as well, and yes you are rite. But rite now i want a house, and a car to play with. So with that being said, im ok with spending the extra money later to get me back on the track now and not drain my funds doing everything i dont need rite now. Thank you for your wisdom, but LS is out of the question for now.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:19 am

im saying header. full exhaust. injectors. some sort of management. turbo. intercooler. maf. (or eliminate it) and you can make 350hp easy. stock engine. plenty of people are running 400+ with stock engines. (valve cover to oil pan) some people highly suggest a head gasket though. never had any issues with mine. 20 psi+ for 60k miles.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 am

nice, ya my ka-t was dynoed by my old shop teacher last weds at 311.3hp 348.6ft-lbs of torque on a mustang dyno. So im sure staying stock ill lose some power but im not looking for huge numbers rite now. Just something that will put me back on the race track and will be fun. Plus wont de-rail me from buying a house really really really soon.

And from your list, im already front mounted, ive got 555s that will be removed from my kat, full 3" exhaust, a z32 maf, and t28 ready to go that i wanted to use on my kat but went top mount t3/t04e instead (which i could use as well).
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

yeah youre just about set. last time i dynoed my sr20 it had 25 more ft lb of torque than hp. so you should have similar numbers to your old setup. maybe just some more lag.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

cool, thanks for the info, im not looking to make those numbers. Just looking to put it together, get a feel for it all. Then start researching again. Im going to run stock 7-9psi for the summer. Nothing special, and then when the snow falls ill go back through and figure out where to go from there. I just want something powering it that has more balls than a stock ka24e and isnt going to break the bank. And it really sucks that rebuilding my ka-t is out of the picture, but one day it will make it in another car.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:22 pm

sr's can run 12-14 psi on stock everything. if you have injectors and a z32 maf you can easily run 18 on a t28
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 pm

whats the stock wastegate set at? Is it just go buy a new actuator with the psi spring you wana run or is it tuneable?
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:47 pm

stock is 7 psi. you can get a mbc and turn it up quite a bit. any wastegate is adjustable with a boost controller. some just have a stronger base spring to start with.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:10 pm

lol, id never use a manual controller, ok i cant say never, but i do have a greddy profec b specII controller for the ka-t. But with my external i couldnt set it to run higher than the 13lb spring unless i changed out the spring. it always ran 13 psi or less
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

you prob had it hooked up wrong then. nothing wrong with a mbc as long as its functioning. mine does vary some depending on humidity.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

its funny you say that, cause i thought the same thing. I had 8 different people say it was fine. So i couldnt tell you what the issue was. either way i dont care about the ka-t problem motor anymore. After the weekend im planning on picking up an sr and going from there. ka should be out tonite, if my buddy comes through with the cherry picker, and im repainting the engine bay. After that probably throwing the sil front on and getting everything prep'd for the new heart transplant. Hopefully minimizing down time as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm

sweet. good luck
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 pm

ok, ive got a little update. Car has been looked over and had a bunch of crap replaced. Didnt take pics of it since its all oem more or less. Sway bar was reused, but new end links, mounts and tension rod braces were all swapped on until i get my ordered parts in. oil pan is FUBAR so the motor came out. Thought it had shavings but actually checked out perfectly fine. Since its out, its going up for sale because something better is going in.

Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 Blacktop2

blacktop s13 sr. Missing a bunch of stuff, but just compiling a list to get everything for it. Motor is striped to a long block rite now so i can clean it. Idk why but it seems like im a lot more picky with this one being clean than the ka. oh well
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 pm

oh. sr will make you keep it clean, it just looks so pretty clean haha
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:36 pm

ya, itll look way prettier than that pic when its done. But by no means will it be babied. Its put in the car to hit the track. But wont cover me in grease every time i i work on it like the ka-t i ran.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Theboys Ricecar
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Builds and Projects-
Jump to: