Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theboys Ricecar

Go down 
+10
600SX
93sapphirecoupe
kouki_chee
s13.240sx
Flicktitty
X1nom3D
ohhhizzzy
chuck_chizzle
Lizmo
theboy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 pm

This is my ricecar(circa 2003):
Theboys Ricecar Picture5

Bought this gem in 2002 from a friend, well thought he was a friend. I was 14 and really wanted an s13. He had his brothers old car(original owner) and told me $250 would take it. He brought it to my dads shop and i gave him $250. He left immediately, and i mean he was there long enough to throw the straps in the bed of his truck. I couldn't figure out why he left so fast until i started the car. It had massive knock on the single cam ka (under 30k original miles). That was massive slap in the face and he to this day still hasnt answered phone. Oh well i guess. The car is From Mississippi so its rust free. I spent the first couple years stripping it down and fixing everything i hated, plus everything wrong. I dont have any pictures of it when i got it. But was a base model hatch in charcoal gray. I had to take it down to bare metal due to how bad the paint was and to fix all the dents. Not a single panel was straight on it and it was abused for some time it seemed like.

Heres some of the body work pics:
Theboys Ricecar 11
Theboys Ricecar 10
Theboys Ricecar 09
Theboys Ricecar 08
Theboys Ricecar 06
Theboys Ricecar 05
Theboys Ricecar 12

stripped all the interior minus the dash and center council to swap it out with a donor car i got from the junk yard (it never left the yard and was very clean as well). Rebuilt the single slammer and figured i make a clean daily out of it.

basically got it to this and it sat til 2007:
Theboys Ricecar 03
Theboys Ricecar 01
Theboys Ricecar 02

drove it back and forth to school then the maf went bad and it started snowing. Parked it to swap in a dohc ka. Fought and fought and fought with the old man until finally i said screw it and removed the car from his shop. Finished the motor swap/build and then started the turbo setup.

Specs:

97 ka24de block
'91 head
knife edge/polished crank
wiesco pistons 8.5:1 stock bore
Eagle Rods
stainless top mount mani (not sure of brand)
t3/t04e .63 a/r
tial 38mm waste gate (open dump)
3" turbo back exhaust (down pipe made at Merlins)
Stainless -an feed/return lines
Mishimoto radiator
PBM swirl system
Rom tuned

13psi

never been on a dyno or to a track so i dont know numbers or times. Went 5-lug while i was finishing it.

Theboys Ricecar IMG00230
Theboys Ricecar IMG00225
Theboys Ricecar IMG00229
Theboys Ricecar IMG00191
Theboys Ricecar IMG00231
Theboys Ricecar IMG00232

ran great, but lifted the head. SO i threw in ARP head studs. Also while i was doing that i got these in the mail:

Theboys Ricecar IMG00270
Theboys Ricecar IMG00271

my dog Frankenstein was very excited to get these in the mail

Theboys Ricecar IMG00235
Theboys Ricecar IMG00282
Theboys Ricecar IMG00281

frame rail pic:
Theboys Ricecar IMG00287

not much is being done since im waiting parts to show up. Ordere some seat tat should be here 6/9. And im also trying to find the rest of the stuff for these.

Theboys Ricecar IMG00355
Theboys Ricecar IMG00353

so its just kind of sitting like this for now.
Theboys Ricecar Blackonblack

Feel free to comment, and if you know anyone that as space available to that i could paint in Please let me know cause im down to rent it, or paint what ever for them. Or if you know a guy thats good, and needs work. Ive got some for them to finish my car. Basically just looking for someone to spray. Ive got ALL the supplies to finish it.

Let me know what you think and i ll try to update periodically.
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 pm

looks good so far! what color u gonna paint it? or did u miss that lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 am

cool build. need some spacers out back though. Razz
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 am

nice build.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 am

Its going to be black for now. But im in the process of having Dupont make a special color for their new line up coming out soon. So if i dont get it spayed before mid summer, itll end up being "Disco Lemonade" instead of black.

Ya i know i need spacers, but they are going to end up more or less as drift spares. I used to have a very nice set of RPF1's that got stolen out of my garage that fit absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:43 am

i like it!
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 am

looks good, More pics of the dog Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:08 pm

theboy wrote:
. So if i dont get it spayed before mid summer, itll end up being "Disco Lemonade" instead of black.

You are getting your car "fixed" lol JK. That must mean that it is a girl, huh? Car looks good, fresh paint will make it look really nice. Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Yes, im getting it fixed, lmao, im so glad you caught that. Made me giggle loudly

But anyways........ UPDATES TIME!!!!!!
Got home to see this little thing:

Theboys Ricecar IMG00358

Got really excited and immediately tore into to find these:

Theboys Ricecar IMG00359

Bride Vios III
Fat dog approved as well

And for the request of Flicktitty, more pics of Frank, my 2 year old bully (that acts like a 6 year old)

Definition of bulldog:

Lazy...

Theboys Ricecar IMG00202

Sleepy...
Theboys Ricecar IMG00003

Theboys Ricecar IMG00011

Grumpy...
Theboys Ricecar IMG00006

Mischievous...
Theboys Ricecar Goatboy

All that in one day. But id never get rid of him for the world. Biggest lover and sweetheart ever.

Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:21 pm

haha, i want a bulldog in the worst way.

Are those "real" Brides?
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 pm

If you want one, go get one. Hands down best dogs ever. If you want to sleep the day away they will be there cuddling. If you want to work on the car they are there with you. Super curious about everything, and just big chunky sweethearts. You cant go wrong with an english bully. I actually have 2, my 2 yer old Frankenstein and a 3 month old Emma

Theboys Ricecar IMG00343
Theboys Ricecar IMG00336

unfortunately i got impatient waiting for my real Bride Zeta III type L and bought the Canadian Version of the Vios. But im puzzled because they have a ton of Japanese badging, look identical minus the black back to my friends Real Vios III (fit the same way) and are FIA approved. So Im not 100% sure if they are real or fake.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:38 pm

hands down i think pitbulls are the best dogs ever... well atlease mine are
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:45 pm

lol, they are a bully breed so of course they are the best dog. They are just a different shape. Its all in what your preference is.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm

most knock-offs are made to look like the real deal...just sayin'. ps. your dog is adorable. if i was a pet person i'd get one and train it to hunt toy dogs. like pugs and poodles.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 am

chuck_chizzle wrote:
most knock-offs are made to look like the real deal...just sayin'. ps. your dog is adorable. if i was a pet person i'd get one and train it to hunt toy dogs. like pugs and poodles.

its funny you say that, frank likes playing with big dogs, but loves playing with my sisters chiwawa's. Hes a pig amongst guinea pig's and its funny as hell. But he never harms anything. She on the other hand is a beast and in the teething stage so she bites everything.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:39 am

yea bully breeds are the best but mine are the apbt not those really fat ones... post some pictures of your dog in the pet forum... chuck_chizzle my dogs love smaller dogs... they might be pits but they wont hurt another dog unless needed too... they just wont go up and bite it... i like it that way... all my neighbors kids and pugs loves my dogs and thats a good thing... lol...
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

ok, build is officially on hold. Got cut off by some moron not paying attention to anything but themselves. They never looked and crossed 3 lanes of traffic to push me into a monster half ass patched sink hole. Completely bottomed the car out. Bent both FLCAs (possibly cross member as well, didnt look that closely), broke my sway bar, end links, and broke the mounting brackets off the frame. Through the sway bar into my oil pan and bent it into the pick up and pinched the drain line from my turbo. On top of all of that wonderful goodness, My passenger rail is bent. Not sure how bad, but theres about an inch gap between it and my jack stand, and ive got it up on four stands. Insurance wont do anything about it. So im screwed and now looking for a new chassis to start over with. Just my luck

8 years and gone, and not even my fault
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:31 pm

sorry to hear that man. that totally sucks.
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

WTF............ this sucks man.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:39 pm

yup, around 2:30pm, she never looked and just took off. I had a feeling she was going too. So far the damages are, both FLCA are bent (bent back and where the sway bar end links attach were basically torn out), cross member is done, Sway bar actually doesnt seem that bad, but its scratched across the middle and looks like the ends are bent from the end links. Passenger side frame rail is bent up easily an inch and a half (just by meassuring the gap while on jack stands), oil pan is toast, oil pick up is junk as well, oil return from turbo is junk (Possibly salvageable if i cut it short). Turbo manifold also broke at the flange to the waste gate, both motor mounts broke, transmount "seems" ok, and both inner tie rods are bent. Flat spotted all 4 wheels, but surprisingly didnt hurt my fiber glass bumpers at all. I thought for sure the front would have exploded.

Already got an appointment with a frame shop for next friday, might get in tomorrow. But it looks like ill probably be looking for a new chassis to start all over on. Hooray for stitch welding and prep work again. If anyone has a 99% rust free s13 (hatch or coupe) with a title, please let me know cause im in the market for one now, like asap.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:55 am

sorry to hear that, dude. that shit is totally lame. you can use this one as a missile chassis now and bounce it off of walls and not give a fuck. if you decide to lmk and i can probably help. i have a few parts cars.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:40 pm

ok, time for a little update. Things are moving kinda quick rite now for me but i figure ill fill you guys in. Got the car to the shop, and on the table. Frame is straight, left to rite, but did have a the passenger rail moved up. Pulled it back and its straighter then it came off the factory. Also builds faith in my chassis that it didnt crumble into dust due to rust or anything stupid i hadn't seen yet. So thats good news. Bad new though, after i got it home, i drained the oil to pull the motor in the next couple days and found shavings. Not a lot, but enough to spark my interest where they are coming from. My turbo mani i found out was an Xcessive top mount that i got off a friend ($900 mani) and its junk. So now im debating on the next step. Thinking an sr might be taking it place, but i definitely enjoyed 311.3hp out of my ka-t. Im excited yet still pretty bummed im out my motor. But that could change when i tear it down to check it.

Might be single slammer again for the summer. Since i literally have a brand new sohc ka with less than 400 miles on it sitting waiting for a home, and my gf is complaining about me spending even more money on the car when she wants a house.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 pm

i would say go RB or LS X. i have an sr and i love it. but MOAR displacement and tq is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 pm

put a sohc in it and buy that house. hehe. i'm kidding dude. i'll remove myself now. lol.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

You know what I'd say... Ask others with swaps what they'd do if they could do it again.

LS FTW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Theboys Ricecar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theboys Ricecar   Theboys Ricecar Empty

Back to top Go down

Theboys Ricecar
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Builds and Projects-
Jump to: