Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build

Go down 
+23
lssilvia
VNG704
nismokid
mattchow88
ino20
pancho y onions
chuck_chizzle
ttallin
93sapphirecoupe
theboy
j240sxxx
Project S14
kouki_chee
X1nom3D
stacks
Flicktitty
traphikcod4
ohhhizzzy
s13.240sx
Riggle
Lizmo
600SX
drftx
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
drftx
drftx

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:05 am

ino20 wrote:
didnt that used to be teo's car, idk who you are but we seem to have a lot of common friends lol like lucio.....good start though, i think i will do a build thread now

actually it was my buddy nacker's old car but thx
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 am

bodykits n such

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 Tumblr_lq1u1bgzta1qep9tvo3_500

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 284349_10150328974560100_593755099_9927781_4550176_n

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 Tumblr_lq1u1bgzta1qep9tv

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 291799_10150338319700100_593755099_10034781_5300460_n

getting ready for wekfest got spacers n such see u at wekfest
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 am

ugly bodykits n ugly aero at wekfest

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 305314_10150343835005100_593755099_10093385_6357634_n
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:02 pm

How much you pay them to pose on your car?....
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:17 pm

didnt pay them anything at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:59 am

neat
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

blew the turbo 2 weeks ago.. pulling it out tomorrow hopefully its just the oil seal if not i have a 700 dollar paper weight -.-
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:09 pm

since the turbo blew winter down time is in action i bought a new sr20 swap so i have 2 swaps ill be selling my old full swap after winter

got stuff accomplished i guess.. there was oil on the cold side of the turbo and oil in the intercooler piping rofl could not get the turbo out cuz the down pipe bolts rusted up and pretty much disintegrated pretty shitty so tried to pull the whole turbo assembly with the down pipe connected but the steering shaft is in the way ill finish it tomorrow cuz the bears game is on

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0021
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0020
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0019
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0018
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0022
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0023
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:10 pm

I bought a whole new sr20det s13 came with everything trans ecu wiring bla bla blacktop swap. Today me and eric got started in tearing down the new sr I got for next season aside from there being A LOT of RTV and random bolts used and the broken timing chain cover the engine overall looks GREAT. Im pretty happy about it cyl walls look great the head looks fantastic. Im happy about the engine building class my teacher Mr. Norden is a great guy and knows his stuff. I cant wait to keep on building this but from the looks of it im going to need the right bolts for the most part im still re-searching on what cams and turbo I want to run next season

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0025
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0024
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0026

here's the block it self took off all the accessories and what not pretty clean

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0027
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0028

valve cover off the cyl head is pretty clean took off the cam caps and everything looks good and in order

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0032
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0030
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0029
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0033

Rocker arm's are off and as u can see the head is great and nice!! Cams off and shims are off I dropped one of the shims and I think its in the oil pan lol taking that off tomorrow

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0031

I LOVE THIS THING!! KEEPS EVERYTHING NICE AND ORGANIZED!!!

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0034
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0035

I tried to get a good angle but the cyl walls look great no scoring or anything pretty happy about it

More updates tomorrow taking the upper and lower oil pan off the procedures are pretty crazy on doing it
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:11 pm

still doing research on what cams and turbo im going to run ive been reading on the gt2871r and i wanna shoot at a good 360 hp ill be happy pretty much on zilvia ive seen 262 cams with valve springs and that turbo can reach that easy i don't wanna re use the s15 turbo even though my buddy pavel can rebuild it the max he said is 320ish on them
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 am

anyone running a similar set up ie 262 cams gt2871r or gt28rs disco potato with 550's?
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:47 pm

the bears game lol, and they lost... goodluck with your sr
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm

yeah ik.... waste of time -.-

Kinda got a lot of work done today had couple of demo's from the teacher that I already know. But had to kind wasted a hours time for the tear down but whatever got lower oil pan off and the upper oil pan the previous owner used a lot and I mean A LOT of RTV there was a freaking mountain of it I got a picture of it. I found a piece of metal idk what it is till I get to the block it self and tearing that apart but on to the pics

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0036
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0037

The lower oil pan bolt removal sequence inward to out ward starting in the middle towards the back of the engine, Here you can see that there is a lot of RTV used and we found sludge in the lower oil pan -.- and a piece of metal idk what it was or where its from but I will find out soon

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0038

pretty clean except for some sludge

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0039
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0040

here is that metal chunk idk if you guys can see it found it in the lower oil pan

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0042
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0041
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0043

upper oil pan off and the baffle plate is also off u can see more sludge and RTV EVERYWHERE mountains of it there is a bolt sequence on how to take off the lower oil pan also its outward bolts to in ward in pairs

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0044

A little rtv mountain I made lol

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0045

Got most of the rtv off from the block and the upper oil pan started running out of time tomorrow taking off the harmonic balancer and the timing chain cover and timing chain

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0046

Everything nice and separated and labeled

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0047

Eric went to town on the upper oil pan in the solvent tank lol

thats it for today!
Back to top Go down
mattchow88
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 pm

drftx wrote:
anyone running a similar set up ie 262 cams gt2871r or gt28rs disco potato with 550's?

I just did a build with gt2871 .64, jim wolf s3 260's, 300zx maf, 750cc inj, Brian crower springs, Enthalpy ECU tune

before build

Build

AFTER Build, still rich
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 pm

looks great did you touch the bottom end? thats what im shooting for but with 550's
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Big update today well kinda I suppose? got a lot done took the timing chain cover off. I need a new one because it was broken when I got it. Harmonic balancer is off, valves, springs, retainers, oil seals, lashers are all out. Cleaned the head super freaking clean and parts labeled neatly =] dones anyone know the BEST way to get rtv out in little crevices ?

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0053
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0056

As you can see here the timing chain cover is off and SURPRISE a lot more RTV!

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0054

Upper and lower oil pan, oil pick up, and both upper and lower baffle plates scrubbed down in the solvent tank pretty clean just gotta get that rtv out

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0068
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0057
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0069

Upper oil pan cleaned and put in a hot bath (forgot what the machine is called sprays hot solvent on it and cleans it) still gotta get that damn rtv out but idk if it matters.

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0061
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0060
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0059
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0058
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0062

THIS VALVE REMOVER IS AWESOME!!!!! I love it had some trouble using it because I was not paying attention in class when my teacher was doing a demo on it -.- LOL all the valves, retainers, keepers, springs are off!! the valve seat looks to be in good shape gonna be measuring the valves and the seat tomorrow to see if the valves are still good to use MIGHT upgrade but cash is running tight

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0065
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0064
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0063
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0066

THIS TRAY IS AMAZING! keeps everything nice and organizes. Theres some carbon build up on the exhaust valves not so much on the intake valves, oil seals on the lashers are done gotta buy new ones, lashers look good gonna re use them

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0067

The head with nothing on it but the freeze plugs and valve guides kinda dirty

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0070

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0071

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0072

Thats okay!! we can clean it! used almost a whole can of degrease why? cuz I can and its free lol let it soak for about 5 mins then got the power washer out! sprayed the shit out of it. Turned out pretty good and clean tomorrow gonna use that machine again forgot what its called to make it nice and clean and ready!!
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:09 am

nothing got done today had a lecture but

BC cams 262's ordered and BC titanium valve springs/retainers ordered =]
Back to top Go down
nismokid
nismokid

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:20 am

great build man! i love how everything is nice and neat..... and insanely clean! cant wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:19 am

I had to use the corner of a scraper in the little crevaces. It just takes time and patience. That and a spray can of carb cleaner or something similar.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:06 pm

mhh,....nice yes. very clean and orginized , i think im figuring u out with passing time. your not a duche at all u just come off the wrong way............haugh sad , i know the feeling. good build man keep it up.
Back to top Go down
mattchow88
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:33 pm

drftx wrote:
looks great did you touch the bottom end? thats what im shooting for but with 550's

Yeah i touched every last bolt on my engine, I installed all new crank and rod bearings, Arp main, rod, and head studs,
!!!CAREFULL IF YOU USE ARP MAIN STUDS!!!!

The 2 rear exhaust side ones need to be ground down or they will hit your pan and stress or crack it!!!
see the pics
Aslo if you use arp studs they will change the squish on the bearings, after tightening my mains my crank wouldnt turn, I had to get it line honed. so unless you plan on taking it apart over and over (Arp's are reusable unlike factory) I would order OEM bolts.

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 P4190610
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 P4190611
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:02 pm

So friday I had a good solid 2 hours to work on the head getting it ready or the new step 2 262 brian crower cams and brian crower ti valve springs and retainers check it out so clean prolly going to paint the out side hi temp silver make it cleaner

heres kind of a before shot after I took it out side and hosed it down

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0074

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0075

After shots I was working the head with the fine hair wire brush attachment in a drill then used small wire brushes the exhaust ports were a bitch to clean and get in too

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0077
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0076
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0078

after all of that I took it to the solvent tank for more cleaning and de greasing and stuff then I risned it out with water then I stuck it in this thing I forgot to ask again what its called but it was in my previous post like a 200 degree bath of solvent to clean stuff out and put a protective coating like a huge oven with hot ass water if anyone knows the name tell me haha ill ask on monday

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0080
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0079

Had to wait 30 mins so me and eric cleaned up the valves before and after side by side. Gonna mic them monday see if I can even re use them if not gotta buy a new set

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0081
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0082

Fresh out the oven I did a pretty decent job!

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0086
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0085
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0084
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0083
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0087
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0088

This is where everything is stored lol

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 IMAG0089

This build makes me sad and happy at the same time. I thought I was going just for a stock re build but I said fuck it and get better parts now im broke as a joke im sure a lot of people are who owns these kind's of cars and motors thats it for now
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:04 pm

lssilvia wrote:
mhh,....nice yes. very clean and orginized , i think im figuring u out with passing time. your not a duche at all u just come off the wrong way............haugh sad , i know the feeling. good build man keep it up.

i am a duce/dick/troll to people i dont know =]
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:12 pm

mattchow88 wrote:
drftx wrote:

Yeah i touched every last bolt on my engine, I installed all new crank and rod bearings, Arp main, rod, and head studs,
!!!CAREFULL IF YOU USE ARP MAIN STUDS!!!!

The 2 rear exhaust side ones need to be ground down or they will hit your pan and stress or crack it!!!
see the pics
Aslo if you use arp studs they will change the squish on the bearings, after tightening my mains my crank wouldnt turn, I had to get it line honed. so unless you plan on taking it apart over and over (Arp's are reusable unlike factory) I would order OEM bolts.

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 P4190610
ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 P4190611

thanks for the heads up bro i will DEFF look in to this
Back to top Go down
drftx
drftx

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:00 pm

hard drive blew so i can post pics -.- on my moms netbook LOL but i got a lot done will post a update soon when i get my desktop back did some cool stuf

45 degree valve face
3 angle valve seat

bunch more@!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ugly aero n stupid bodykits build    ugly aero n stupid bodykits build  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

ugly aero n stupid bodykits build
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next