Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

please help me figure this problem out pleaes

Go down 
+5
j240sxxx
zerepdivad
lssilvia
93sapphirecoupe
kouki_chee
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

please help me figure this problem out pleaes Empty
PostSubject: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:01 pm

well i decided to replace my stretch timing chain... everything went in as it should and i have the new one on thinking its gonna get this annoying knock away but although it has quiet down, i still hear this loud knock...

this isnt my vid but it sounds like this... only when i rev do i hear it and it goes away after it revs higher if i remember right... is this a rod knock??? hope not
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 pm

that is rod knock
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Just to be sure ill take a vid tomorrow for u guys.... How would i go on fixing this or can i drive like this???
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 am

if its rod knock you need a new engine lol. if you plan on attempting to rebuild that one with the rod knock then stop driving it ASAP you will damage the crank pretty bad if you dont.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Dam... Now i dont know what i want to do with it... I really want a 240sx but i dont want to be dumping tons of money into it....
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:45 pm

just swap motor for a daily motor worst u will spend is 400 but thats not bad considering a repair will take u well into the1200.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:47 pm

yeah people cant give ka24's away man dont sweat it
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:47 pm

if you dont want to deal with it ill buy the car off you if its in decent shape
Back to top Go down
zerepdivad
zerepdivad

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Wait, so you heard that noise and thought changing the timing chain would make it go away?

Or did I read it wrong?
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 pm

No i replaced the timing chain because the top chain was stretched... The car is in decent shape... Look at my build... U can see some pictures of it in there
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:32 pm

is it the red one on them sexy ass wheels you should trade me LOL
if thats the case dont you dare sale it dame it.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 am

Lol yeah... Its not all red anymore... The only thing red now is the hood, bumpers and pass door... Lol i am willing to look at trades
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 am

give you scrap price for the shell
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 pm

I cant.... I would but i need a car too... Ill sell the whole car for $1500 So that way i can buy a dd... The rails, rocker and strut towers are clean... I just spend $200 do buy the stuff i needed to to do the work i just finished...
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm

ok well i took a vid but it kinda sucks because its from my phone... it does knock kinda loud but it also kinda sounds like a valve tick or something like that...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 pm

That almost sounds like timing chain rattle, it does not sounds like it is rythmic like a rod it is hard to tell with the audio in that video.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm

s13.240sx wrote:
That almost sounds like timing chain rattle, it does not sounds like it is rythmic like a rod it is hard to tell with the audio in that video.
ii agree, the rod knock is usually quite hard/noticable. and increases with rpm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Smile that makes me feel much better but what does it sound like to u guys... Ill try to get a better vid
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

If u look at the vid, the tick or knock sounds like its coming from under the first 2 runners on the intake mani on the left
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:49 pm

kind of an old school trick, get the car running, and rev the car up to where you can hear the sound clearly then stick something in the throttle bracket to keep the car at that rpm. then put a screwdriver up to your ear then the metal end down on the motor, move it around and see where you can hear it coming from louder, that usually can help guide you into a more direct area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Did you change both chains and guides?
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks ill do it after work or wen i get a chance.... No i only changed the top...
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 pm

from the video you posted it didnt sound much of a rod knock. Do you still have the upper chain guide? Try to get a better video.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Well since you only did the top chain and it was streched that bad I would suggest that you replace the lower chain and guides as well
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Ill try to get a better vid and i removed both the top guides
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please help me figure this problem out pleaes   please help me figure this problem out pleaes Empty

Back to top Go down

please help me figure this problem out pleaes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next