Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

battery draining problem

Go down 
+5
mattchow88
93sapphirecoupe
Lizmo
Flicktitty
kouki_chee
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

battery draining problem Empty
PostSubject: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:48 pm

well i was wondering if anyone know what the problem might be or give me some advice of what to look at to see whats the problem is... my car keeps draining the battery and i cant seem to find out what the problem is... if i leave it connected and start it every day its ok but if i leave it sit for more then 2-3days, it drains and wont start...
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:53 pm

there is a draw somewhere.....

GOOD LUCK finding it.

start looking into any aftermarket wiring you have done (CD player,fuel pump,stereo system,etc)

something has to be having power even when the power is off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:58 pm

good luck finding it, the coupe has the same problem, only since the 2j was in it thought, supras just have a battery draw, if i dont drive the car for 4ish days, its dead. but a battery cut off fixes it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Lizmo wrote:
good luck finding it, the coupe has the same problem, only since the 2j was in it thought, supras just have a battery draw, if i dont drive the car for 4ish days, its dead. but a battery cut off fixes it.
well it ddoesn't 'fix" it. it just doesnt give the dead battery. but you loose radio presets. ecu sometimes needs to "learn itself" again. and other things
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:58 pm

by the sounds of it its probably in that shady radio install you were talking about before
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:42 am

^^^??? this car didnt come with any audio components... still doesnt...
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:39 pm

my bad. i was thinking of the red s14 kid. lol
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:45 pm

lol i was thinking u were talking about him
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:32 pm

yep. foot in mouth...
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
Lizmo wrote:
well it ddoesn't 'fix" it. it just doesnt give the dead battery. but you loose radio presets. ecu sometimes needs to "learn itself" again. and other things

it fixed it enough for me!!! lol. well see if the white car does it too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:06 am

lol yeah let me know... i looked but cant find out the dam source.. might have to take it to a shop to look at... DAM
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:53 pm

do you have an amp meter and know how to use it?
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm

i borrowed my friends meter and was checking around but couldnt find anything... i also heard about afew 240guys that had battery drainage from the headlight relays by the intake... a guy said he removed them and the draining stopped but i need those...

btw my headlights wont go down... when i press the headlight button they go up but not down... when i leave light on and try to manually turn them down, the knob twitch like "DONT TOUCH ME" lol
Back to top Go down
mattchow88
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Your headlight relays are prolly the problem gettink stuck closed, swap them around till you find the bad one then replace it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:03 am

i tried it and cant really see a difference... they all seem the same... im just gonna pick some up at the junk yard to see if they work
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:41 am

hook up the amp meter and watch the amperage while you start unplugging fuses. when you hit the one that takes away most of the amperage you can start narrowing it down from that circuit.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:11 am

your head light issue is that the motors are not going into the fully up position so what you need to do is adjust the linkage bolt tighter to the point where they are able to go into the fully up position. i had that issue about 2 weeks ago and that is also probably what is causing the battery drain. give it a try
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:13 am

if you have any questions give me a call my cell is 262 745 5609 you should still have it too
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:15 pm

alright ill give it a try
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:27 pm

oh yeah i just remembered... the headlights he adjusted them like that... so when they are closed, they didnt close all the way... he liked it like that with the sleepy all the time
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Did it work?
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:39 pm

nope... but i took out my timing chain guides and stop most of the dam ticking... cant seem to get rid of it all
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:42 pm

another question... my engine runs quiet when in idle but when i rev it, it has a knocking noise... its pretty loud... its coming from the front of the engine and seems to be right under the valve cover... took out the dam chain guides but didnt help with that noise only the little slapping noise i had... how tight is the chain suppose to be??? i checked the tensioner and its fine... the chain is sorta loose on the other side where the guide used to be... is it suppose to be really tight
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:16 am

kouki_chee wrote:
nope... but i took out my timing chain guides and stop most of the dam ticking... cant seem to get rid of it all

why in the hell would you do that?? thats why its making noice cause the chains are slaping everywhere. if i were you i would put them back before it snaps and your motor takes a shit. oh an yes its supposed to be tight not all slappy like it sounds.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:55 am

ohhhizzzy wrote:
kouki_chee wrote:

why in the hell would you do that?? thats why its making noice cause the chains are slaping everywhere. if i were you i would put them back before it snaps and your motor takes a shit. oh an yes its supposed to be tight not all slappy like it sounds.

i read on alot of other 240 forums and they said they arent needed... they also said nissan will tell u to leave them off if u do a timing chain replacement... also said the s14 dont have them because they arent needed... if u dont believe me ill look up the links for you... BUT btw i said guides not tensioners if thats what u thought i said... do u know how to tighten the chain??? i shoulda got pictures when everything was off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem Empty

Back to top Go down

battery draining problem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next