Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??

Go down 
+7
Lizmo
chuck_chizzle
X1nom3D
93sapphirecoupe
kouki_chee
600SX
mwalter
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mwalter
mwalter

Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? Empty
PostSubject: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm

I have a question i need help with, sorry in advance if its stupid..

Someone offered me a trade for my 91 hatch. He offered me a 92 hatch, 5 spd, 93xxx original miles, but he says it needs a Timing Chain Tensioner cause it rattles. Is this a common problem on 240's? Is it easy to fix? Any feedback would be great.

-Here is the link to my car... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Here is the link to his car... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He said he would include an extra running motor, 2 sets of wheels, and some other misc aftermarket parts. Sound like a good deal?? Again, any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance!!!
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:16 pm

That sounds kinda fishy to me. Why trade his car that looks just like yours, unless there's something wrong with his? I would be leery.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:07 pm

yeah a extra motor and 2 sets of wheels and aftermarket parts for yours which is about the same condition does seem fishy... i wouldnt do it but if u want its your car
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:07 pm

it is a known issue that the chain rattles. just make sure its actually that and not a rod knock.
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 pm

my gut says don't do it. and its a pretty big gut. I agree with 600sx.
Back to top Go down
mwalter
mwalter

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks for the input, it sounded kinda fishy to me too, I just wanted to get some extra opinions.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 am

you know 69 and 70 chevelles are different bodystyle, right?
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 am

That is a huge difference compared to a 91 and 92 240.
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 am

haha yea right... i wouldn't trade him either... why does he want to trade his car? for the same thing... that always turns me away when i see an add trade for (same thing im selling) but those rattling timing chains are quite annoying, you can take the bracket thing out and it quiets it down a bit
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 am

chuck_chizzle wrote:

MMMMMM, reminds me, 70 split bumper camaro with no wing. Hands down one of the classiest cars out there.
Back to top Go down
mwalter
mwalter

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 am

chuck_chizzle wrote:

sure do chief..

Well i told the kid no thanks. If anyonones interested in the 240, shoot me an offer. I'll post my ad in marketplace too.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 pm

I had a timing chain guide rattle in my sohc... lol
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Riggle wrote:
chuck_chizzle wrote:

MMMMMM, reminds me, 70 split bumper camaro with no wing. Hands down one of the classiest cars out there.

scratch Thread wack it Laughing
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm

If a deal sounds to good to be true it is. Good call on passing it up, you probably would have gotten hosed.
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:34 pm

i wouldnt trade at all. as for the rattle timing chain it cant be fixed by just removing the guard. the guard is there for a reason to let you know when the timing chain is too stretched and it will be a good idea to replace soon.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 pm

mwalter wrote:
chuck_chizzle wrote:

sure do chief..

Well i told the kid no thanks. If anyonones interested in the 240, shoot me an offer. I'll post my ad in marketplace too.

so why not broaden your horizon and put 68-72 then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??   Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help- Timing Chain Guide Rattle??
Page 1 of 1