Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone ever mess up your timing?

Go down 
+2
Lizmo
feyd_w
6 posters
AuthorMessage
feyd_w

anyone ever mess up your timing? Empty
PostSubject: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 pm

and reset it your self? im looking for tips on how to do this.....i have a feeling im gonna need to know this awfully soon haha.......i will get pis up as soon as i pull the engine
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 am

if its the ka24De i can help you.... its actaully pretty easy if your able to find the timing point thingy down under the pulleys.... and all you have to do is loosen up the 2 bolts that hold the distrubutor on and it should move relativly easy..... thats what we did to mine when i had to time it.. if uwant, before you move the distributor mark where it used to be incase you fuck it up more than it was lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:51 pm

well im good at getting the dist in the right spot. its just the chain, and yes its ka24de.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 pm

I would read the FSM. It is a little long to explain how to do it. Cylinder 1 at TDC. Marks on cam gears at certain locations etc.
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm

ok to get this out of the way now, there are no marks on the cam gears, there is no way to mark them, they are out, there is also no marks on the front main pulley or whatever its called. pretty much i gotta do this old school....... Mad
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Good luck...
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:50 pm

[img]anyone ever mess up your timing? Cams10[/img]
ok well after finding nothing in a fsm i found some tech site that said where the marks should be and all that, so i go by the notch thing on the sprocket, and this is what i get *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:13 pm

OK, well that's def not right... the exhaust is following the intake way to close. You're sure there's no marks?? A dimple or a line?? What motor is this??
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:14 pm

its the ka24de. i finished putting it in today, it seems like the timing is right now. but now all my electrical stuff quit working Sad i think im gonna sell this pos this is getting to be a pain
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 pm

so wat exactly is wrong with this car? why did you take the motor out in the first place? sorry im too lazy to read all the old post lol
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:51 pm

yes lol, i took it out, put another in, took that out and put another in within like 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 am

AHHHHH ok that makes sence. so what was wrong with the motor you took out?
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:28 pm

it blew up lol, holes on both sides of the block, shot a rod, broke a piston bent a valve and broke one too
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 am

There shound be a little dot on each of the cam sprocket dillys like this. and this is at TDC

anyone ever mess up your timing? Picture021Small

http://www.garage411.com/images/Nissan/S13/Engines/Engines6.gif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone ever mess up your timing?   anyone ever mess up your timing? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone ever mess up your timing?
Page 1 of 1