Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

got a new ka24de today.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
feyd_w

got a new ka24de today..... Empty
PostSubject: got a new ka24de today.....   got a new ka24de today..... EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:38 pm

finally i went and got it, it was at a shop 100 miles away. got it when i bought the car. has a ported and polished head.....supposedly...... but the head looks great. everything looks good, the cam was supposed to be snapped the kid said but the cams must have been replaced from the second owner in the line, im the third, i was talking to the first. everything seems good on it, im not sure if i want to drop it in or not....any suggestions? my current engine is in pieces and needs a new head gasket and bolts
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: got a new ka24de today.....   got a new ka24de today..... EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Gah, if it had some kids grubby hands in it I would not run it till I had it back apart and put back together correctly.

Never know if a retard dropped a bolt down the timing case or something REALLY important, maybe didnt torque a bolt that holds the guides ect. Would hate to find out the hard way.

I recommend an engine stand, a FSM, a torque wrench, loctite, good lighting. You wouldn't have to pull the WHOLE engine apart (like the bottom end).

But I would personally strip it to a short block, inspect mains/rod bearings 1 by 1. So take it off, inspect lower half shell of bearing, put back on, torque. I would also put in all new OEM timing equip like chains/guides/sprockets if need be.

Have the head on a set of head stands and inspect the surface for cracks, valve seats for leaks/debris.

All of that is mostly free (except putting new parts where necessary) and will learn you A SH*TLOAD!

I guess if you cannot do that then the next best thing would be a leakdown test at the bare minimum to see if the cylinders will even hold compression before you stick it into the car.
Back to top Go down
feyd_w

PostSubject: Re: got a new ka24de today.....   got a new ka24de today..... EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:45 pm

yea i will take it apart and inspect it all. hopefully its in good shape. and hopefully my other runs strong till i get my sr built. need something to practice drifting with lizdriving
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a new ka24de today.....   got a new ka24de today..... Empty

Back to top Go down

got a new ka24de today.....
Page 1 of 1