Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? Empty
PostSubject: Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?   Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:20 pm

I want to get my KA head ported since its already off and i want to do a 248/248 cam swap. Need to know of some places around here that do it for a good price and are reputable. I know there is a place in Monroe but i don't know prices yet.

Back to top Go down
tonis56
Admin
tonis56

PostSubject: Re: Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?   Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:36 am

Check these guys out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They are in middleton. I had them do some block work a number of years ago and it turned out great.
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?   Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:50 pm

tonis56 wrote:
Check these guys out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They are in middleton. I had them do some block work a number of years ago and it turned out great.

Well since im not made of gold these guys are kind of expensive...

They quoted me at $1k!
I paid 500 for the entire car. And have a little more than 1k in it with the all new parts.
I can see paying that much for some headwork
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?   Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Bad news, going fast costs money.  Head work is usually done last trying to squeeze every last drop of HP out of your setup.  

Spend your money elsewhere right now, your gains will be better with other mods. 2cents
Back to top Go down
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

PostSubject: Re: Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?   Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:05 am

I second jim on this one. From what ive read the gains really do amount to nothing if you look at cost to hp gain.. The head flows pretty decent as it sits. your best bet for any head work would be a valve job. but that too is like a last step of the process type thing ... If anything i would invest some money into the handling of the car. Sub frame bushings or a decent set of suspension arms go a long way.. and if you have plans for any decent gains in power you may want to beef up the last link in the car where the power meets the pavement. just my .02
Back to top Go down
http://www.ridesmke.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?   Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices? Empty

Back to top Go down

Madison Area places that do head porting/decent prices?
Page 1 of 1