Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting the run around from Engine Shop

Go down 
+9
SrsBsns
240sxguy
X1nom3D
kouki_chee
mattchow88
pancho y onions
s13.240sx
600SX
theboy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
theboy
theboy

Getting the run around from Engine Shop Empty
PostSubject: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Ok, as most of you know, i had a built ka-t in my hatch before i got cut off, bottomed the car out in a sink hole, and stuffed the sway bar into the oil pan. Thus causing the motor to run on low to 0 oil pressure. Well i dropped it off at the shop who did all the machine work for me the first time, to have them check it out/fix any issues it had. That was 4 months ago, plenty of time to do anything on it. So i figured since its probably ready and the owners are very close family friends, i would pay them a visit (less 10 mins from my house). I get there and Owner #1 (im keeping names out just in case i have to pursue legal matters) is off on vacation, and has been for the week. So i talk to the head of machining and the shop. After 2.5 hours of getting the long drawn out ya we went through it, it was fine and it had been ready for a couple days (since it wasnt high priority).

2 months prior to me talking to the head of the shop/maching, i had paid $400 to have it gone through and rebuilt(that was honing, line bore if needed, all new gaskets, the works).

So he walks me to the shop to find my motor to get it loaded since ive been ok'd to get it. Another hour passes, he comes back. "We cant seem to find you motor," is what i get from him and that i need to come back tomorrow. So i figure hell maybe they just now got to it, even though i was told its done.

The next day, i had a half day at work and figured i would stop by at noon (plenty of time before they had to close for the day. Same guy in charge greets me. He jokes and says, "Your not here for that motor are you?" Me, thinking nothing of it, say, "nope, just figured i would warn you that ford finally stopped making cars since everyone hates them but you." (hes a die hard ford fan)

I laughed he shrugged it off. I sat for an hour waiting for him to get my motor. Again i get the, "come back tomorrow for it." I asked why this time, and got, "we arent sure where its at rite now?" Now im confused, and getting pissed off. I asked what he meant. He came back with a, "your motors not here, i will call you when i find it. We have other priorities other than kids and their Jap scrap." Now im passed pissed, i'm pretty sure steem came out of my ears. I decided to make a smart choice and call his boss. He answers and immediately calls the shop and i hear the page for him.

Finally some truth comes out now. I get to play conference call with him and his boss (family friend) in teh company . And after 3 hours of, "i cant find it, i dont know where it is, neither do the shop guys" the secritary comes in and goes, "what were all those parts you put in your truck friday?" Everything clicked at this point but he still played it off like they were his stuff. His boss asked him what engine he was building and when wasit scheduled that could do his own work on company time? Then the big "Your fired if you cant come up with an answer on his parts" comes out. THIS GROWN MAN BREAKS DOWN IN TEARS. Begs to keep his job but cant locate my motor because he oh so nicely stole it from the shop the day his boss left and SOLD IT.

All i can say is it took everything in my power not to reach accross the table and knock his last 4 teeth out his head.

Now i have spoken to the owner and his attorney about how i should proceed with this. They are willing settle through the company with me on building another ka for me, free of charge, to the exact specs my last one was. They have fired dick head. But the attorney is telling me to press charges on him for the theft since the machine work was well over $2200 (book price, not mine) and the parts are another $3500 (all parts).

So my question to all of you, is this, if you were in my situation and you knew this guy was going to do everything in his power to flee before he gets summoned. Would you waste the money on an attorney to take this guy down? OR would you just leave it at having the shop take the wrath, and not spend another penny? I do believe this guy needs to learn his lesson, but i dont think im going to get anything out of him, or prove anything.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:04 pm

File charges and pursue it.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Douche bag! Take him down. Assholes like that should have to answer to someone for there actions. We all work hard for our cars(belonings) why let someone else get it from you for free without repercutions.
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:55 pm

fuck that! File charge!!
Back to top Go down
mattchow88
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 pm

I would not give up the legal battle, that guy should pay! In the mean time you should go to his house with some buddys and flip his cars over on the roof.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:11 am

Take him down
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:03 am

Thanks guys, while i was posting this yesterday (because i needed to type it up somewhere to recall the events and have it documented), i was on the phone with the attorney and he keeps reassuring me that it wont cost me anything. Hes making sure all court fees are paid for by the thief. Also, it turns out he was caught on DUI (4th time) so hes in jail and can not flee anywhere. On top of that, the court hearing for this, which i dont even need to be at, is going to be before he goes to trial on the DUI, and he cant leave on bail until then. So no matter what, he will be in front of a judge for this.

I will post the outcome in 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am

daaaammmn! I would have made that guy eat a curb. I hope you get everything back! Glad that secretary caught that too!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 am

That really sucks man.

I also doubt you get any money out of him, sounds like a broke dick scumbag. Odds are he can't pay. Some jail time would do him good though.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
SrsBsns

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 pm

I know this is a dead thread, but that really sucks. Glad the shop is willing to make it up to you, but it still doesn't make things right.
Hopefully he sits for awhile, maybe you can write him a letter letting him know what a terrible person he is.
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 am

edit, the results?
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:02 pm

since I'm in your area you should pm me the shop name so i never go there. or maybe since they are in need of a new machinist, i could get a job there? lol
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 am

in all reality, the owner should have built you a new engine, and then sued him rather than you suing him. thats just my opinion but i suck at legalities.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:13 pm

so whats the good word that fucker get his?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting the run around from Engine Shop   Getting the run around from Engine Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting the run around from Engine Shop
Page 1 of 1