Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can you tell if its a good swap?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thatguywiththemohawk
thatguywiththemohawk

How can you tell if its a good swap? Empty
PostSubject: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 pm

This guy is doing a swap (ka24e) on a 240 and he might wanna trade, how do I know he is the swap right? And what are some other things I should look for?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:31 pm

What is he swapping? a stock motor with a stock motor? Sounds like cake.
Back to top Go down
thatguywiththemohawk
thatguywiththemohawk

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 pm

yeah its a hatch and putting a ka24e in to it, but idk if he still wants to trade. i hope so cause i really fucking want it.. but like im a honda guy and i can tell if it was a good swap or a hack job, i know where bolts are commonly missing, and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:05 pm

You need to give us more info. Is the car originally a sohc (ka24e) or dohc (ka24de) car? Why is he swaping it? How many miles? IS teh car auto to manual? Is he swaping p/s lines (only if dohc to sohc). What do the frame rails look like? Hows the shock towers and rockers? Whats been done to the car already?

The swap itself is the least of your worries. You should have a lot more info on the chassis since a sohc ka can be had for less than $500 running usually.

Theres a ton you should be researching before you jump into a swapped car? Get the basic info and youll be dangerous when asking questions. Google is your friend.
Back to top Go down
thatguywiththemohawk
thatguywiththemohawk

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 am

theboy wrote:
You need to give us more info. Is the car originally a sohc (ka24e) or dohc (ka24de) car? Why is he swaping it? How many miles? IS teh car auto to manual? Is he swaping p/s lines (only if dohc to sohc). What do the frame rails look like? Hows the shock towers and rockers? Whats been done to the car already?

The swap itself is the least of your worries. You should have a lot more info on the chassis since a sohc ka can be had for less than $500 running usually.

Theres a ton you should be researching before you jump into a swapped car? Get the basic info and youll be dangerous when asking questions. Google is your friend.

Well the guy backed out, as usual.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:03 pm

lol, do not rush into getting a chassis until your 100% positive on what to look for. There are a lot of little things you can ask about before you ever even go look at a car. You do not want to be stuck with someone elses half assed project or pile of mistakes. Youll spend far too much money fixing it before you get to have fun with it. And there are plenty of good bases left out there for you too snag up.
Back to top Go down
thatguywiththemohawk
thatguywiththemohawk

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

theboy wrote:
lol, do not rush into getting a chassis until your 100% positive on what to look for. There are a lot of little things you can ask about before you ever even go look at a car. You do not want to be stuck with someone elses half assed project or pile of mistakes. Youll spend far too much money fixing it before you get to have fun with it. And there are plenty of good bases left out there for you too snag up.

Yeah I rushed in to buying my integra, and it was a big mistake. A month later I found a cleaner 240 with less miles, and I regretted the integra buy. And not to mention all the suspension, bushings, and motor work and money I put in to it. I've put so much into the suspension and such I let the body get away and it's got a bit of surface rust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell if its a good swap?   How can you tell if its a good swap? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can you tell if its a good swap?
Page 1 of 1