Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lssilvia
lssilvia

need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... Empty
PostSubject: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 pm

im painting the front cover and valve cover for the ka24de but id like to hot tank and smooth the lumps. anyone know local shop that would do that or even how i can search for one. what would i look under?
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Most machine shops have that capability.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 pm

any idea what they may charge just as a guess on what to spend.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:50 pm

I have no idea, but it should be fairly cheap... like $50 if I had to guess.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 pm

wow sweeeeet thank jim as always your my mechanicl angel banana
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 pm

^ that was just a guess now. Don't take it as gospel.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:59 pm

rofl2 no man come on i know , buy the way u know anyone that can spray metal flake pink?
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Chuck????? rofl
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:00 pm

and also hot tank or sand blast?
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm

whos chuck , i dont do truckers. lol
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:02 pm

media blasting might smooth them out a little more... that'll probably cost more though.

And it's Chuck the Chizzle.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

ahh chuky! otay
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 pm

^ I was kinda joking. I don't know if he can spray it, but he sure likes it! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:45 pm

there is a place in Buler (U-Spray) that allows you to sand/media blast what ever you bring to them as long as it is clean. I would call up C&S performance in Butler or other machine shops (Borchardts,Kilpatricks) and see if they offer a hot tank / acid dip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 pm

i got a soda blaster and did it myself alredy paint just need to do the main cover and imn done .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....   need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block ..... Empty

Back to top Go down

need to clean(realllllyyy good and prep) the aluminum from the block .....
Page 1 of 1