Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
240sxguy

Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  Empty
PostSubject: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:49 pm

The SPL rear traction rods are retardedly expensive. I don't want a cheap piece of shit chinese rod end either. Anyone have a suggestion? I have SPC rear tracton rods now which I bought because I didn't want rod ends + winter. Well this car doesn't see winter anymore so less concern. I made the mistake of tightening the arm in the air awhile back and tore the bushing. D'oh.

Evan
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:14 am

buy a chinese one then put aurora heims in it. or i can hook you up with a company that will make them from scratch with aurora bearings. they should be cheaper than spl stuff. he will also powder coat them whatever color you want.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:22 am

I am wondering if I can just get heims for my SPC pieces. The end with the torn bushing looks basically like a heim joint. Where do you recommend I get them from? I know I will need spacers on either side of the heim but I can deal with that. I did bring my damaged link to work in hopes I could identify the thread size.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

PM'd

he can also make you spacers and powder coat them if you need them.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:25 am

i believe Fortune Auto is making traction rods now as well.

Liz got a set of front tension rods from SPL and they are beefy as all hell great quality would be hard to buy any suspension links that aren't SPL from this point on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:33 am

I own SPL front tension rods already and have been very happy with them. I don't buy into the "titanium hardware" bullshit etc. When I bought my tension rods they were just well made no bling pieces of gear. Fortune auto is about $200 as well, and given the option I would buy SPL.

There has to be someone selling something that doesn't suck dick for 150 or so bucks.

Edit; to hell with it. I am going to wait and order SPL arms.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Battleversion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?    Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who makes rear traction rods that are good quality but not retarded expensive?
Page 1 of 1