Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans

Go down 
+2
traphikcod4
mattchow88
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mattchow88
mattchow88

How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans Empty
PostSubject: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 pm

is there an easy way to tell the differance between sr and ka trans?
i Know that 5th gear is differant other than that i dont really know. my car runs 2700rpm at 65mph in 5th with a kaaz 2waay diff
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:31 am

I can tell you both my ka's were like 55 at that rpm
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 am

5speed SR and KA are similar. OD gear is 0.838 for the sr and 0.759 for the ka according to a forum I read. You can use the KA trans with an SR bellhousing.

Last edited by VNG704 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 am

VNG704 wrote:
5speed SR and KA are similar. Final gear is 0.838 for the sr and 0.759 for the ka according to a forum I read. You can use the KA trans with an SR bellhousing.

tru but they are a pain in the ass to change the bellhousing, it sucked when i had to do mine.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:45 am

eh ive done it twice. i broke 2nd gear right off the counter shaft on my sr trans. so now i have an s14 trans with the sr bell housing.
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:14 am

For the guys that have done that trans swap, what's the difference if any in driveability, performance, ...anything?
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:29 am

its not even really noticable. they are only slightly different.
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Swapping the the sr trans with a ka vise versa, you wont notice much of a difrence at all. It's fairly simple excpet its easy to pop the gear when sliding the bell housing in. Gets annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans   How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans Empty

Back to top Go down

How to tell Differance between KA and SR trans
Page 1 of 1