Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap/Free Mods to your 240sx

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

Cheap/Free Mods to your 240sx Empty
PostSubject: Cheap/Free Mods to your 240sx   Cheap/Free Mods to your 240sx EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 am

I thought it would be a nice idea to get a list of things that are free or very inexpensive for fellow 240sx owners.exspecially with how the economy has been.
if you have anything you would like added lmk and i will add it to the 1st post.
thanks.

*NOTE - i haven't tried/done any/all of these so if they don't work/aren't legal/what ever i'm not liable.
i've found these through other 240sx sites*

-lit sleepy eyes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-assuming your intake is the same, you can cut out the entire side where the resonator attached to, gives it a throaty tone at WOT and plus you'll end up with a larger surface for air to enter on the filter

-wire your front side marker lights into your blinkers so they alternate like JDM cars HOW TO HERE

-replaces the air in your tires with nitrogen it makes your tires run cooler and gives u better gas millage.

-delete your EGR and AIV systems

-Eliminate the SCV and its butterflies in the intake manifold

-Tighten throttle cable

-Clean spark plugs with sandpaper (make sure there's no debris on them before putting them back in)

-Advance ignition timing ~2 degrees

-Gut your cat, resonator, silencer, etc.

-Add 1-2 oz of acetone to every 10 gallons of gas (not free, but extremely cheap)

-Eliminate clutch damper [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-The more water in your cooling system the better; in warm parts of the country of course (keep at least 15% coolant to lubricate and protect from boiling)

- get some gas treatment, and fuel injection/oil treatment and put them in your car.... really gets some of that s*** out of your car

- remove rims.... clean them, spray breaks with lube ect... to clean them out, then clean the brake dust off the back of the rim...and maybe even lay down some paint (on wheels or calipers)

- if you have a cell phone and have some one who can help you if you ever get a flat... remove spare tire and all the other jacks and s*** from your trunk... you save weight

- remove sound deadner

- take your valve cover off and paint it...cheap and looks good

- wash the car with soap and water...let sun dray, then put 4 coats of wax on it....

- clean up wiring in the engine bay... really most of those wires only need to be re routed....

- clean your sensor

- make a homedepot/lowes lip kit...cheap

-THE BEST FREE MOD: remove weight !!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com

Cheap/Free Mods to your 240sx
Page 1 of 1