Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

intercooler piping question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

intercooler piping question Empty
PostSubject: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:41 pm

ok so i am getting new couplers and intercooler piping

the outlet on my turbo is 2'', the inlet on my intercooler is 2.5''
would it be better to run a reducer at the turbo or at the intercooler? with a bov in between

here is the set up now, its 2.5'' 90 degree to another 90 degree then goes to a reducer to 2'' then to my bov
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here is right off the turbo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the way i see it could be 2 ways

(turbo)[90]2''=====[90]===(bov)===90=(reducer from 2'' 2.5'')=== intercooler
or
(turbo [90] (reducer 2'' 2.5'')====[90]===(bov)==[90]===(intercooler)

sorry if i confuse anyone...
if it matters to have the 2'' stop at the turbo, or 2'' stop at the intercooler
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 12:07 am

i'm not a scientist or anything but i think the reducer into the turbo would make more sense.

honestly i think you need to simplify your piping though so you have less couplers and more actual metal pipe. you are going to have less chance of a boost leak from a coupler popping off that way imo. you're going to vinny anyway....just have him weld some shit up and then get some coating on it so it looks peachy.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:37 am

1 step ahead of you chuck, but thanks for the advice
i am ordering elbows and am getting rid of 3 couplers for sure
its gonna be once piece from turbo to intercooler
i just am trying to figure out if i stay 2'' thats less pipe to buy, or go 2.5'' and buy all new stuff

i tried searching and i just found some shit that had nothing to do with my question lol

but for real, thanks

anyone else got some input, im gonna put my order in for my piping and elbows and shit on monday?
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:08 am

The kit that I bought for my car(ISIS) came with all 2" piping from the turboto the intercooler(hotside) and 2.5" from the intercooler to the TB(coldside). Larger tubing will give you better flow on the topend, but the smaller tubing has less volume internally to fill/pressurize so in theory that should make your turbo just a little more responsive, or less laggy. The shorter the piping run and the less internal volume, without being restrictive will make for the most efficient system. I am no engineer though so this is all just info I have learned and absorbed through lots of research. Plus my kit is basically a ripoff of a greddy and Blitz system. So I am sure that they put some R&D into there design for us already.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm

so your saying 2'' from the turbo would be better then? less arent for my turbo to build up air threw ic and such?

anyone else have some input, thanks dustin
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Like I said I am not an engineer just telling what I have seen and whatI have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: intercooler piping question   intercooler piping question Empty

Back to top Go down

intercooler piping question
Page 1 of 1