Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM

Go down 
+12
j240sxxx
VNG704
mattchow88
chuck_chizzle
1siksc
traphikcod4
flyin_blue_egg
240sxguy
Secret Squirrel
600SX
thefreack
Flicktitty
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM Empty
PostSubject: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:00 pm

I have been asked about merging Wi240sx.com with Wituners.com (site is currently being built)

If we do this, it will IMPORT ALL THE MEMBERS, POSTS, ETC.

We would have our own section that would consist of
GENERAL CHAT
EVENTS
TECH
GARAGE/BUILDS
MULTIMEDIA
CLASSIFIEDS

so it would be just like coming on here, just you would go to a different site with the 240sx section.

The Wituners.com site also has this for every car make. so if you want to see something about a honda, or a Lexus, or a general car forum that works just as easy.

The moderators/admins will remain the same. as will the rules.

I just wanted to ask you guys what you thought about this before making any decisions as this isn't MY site it is OUR site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Also, each section (say the Wi 240sx one) will have its own unique theme. using a V-Bulletin. so it will feel like its own site till you go to the home page of Wituners.

also with the each classified post in the 240sx section it will be put in the global wituners.com classifieds.

also it will still go by the name Wi240sx.com to take you to that section.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Interesting. I am a car enthusiast so I think it might be a good thing. But there will be pluses and minus's to doing this. The world is full of haters.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:28 pm

thats what i thoguht, but at the end of the day, it would be Me, Liz and Jim telling people to GTFO. and maybe 1 other person.

just hearing peoples opinions on it.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 am

Do you have the option of trying it, and if you don't like it, going back to the way it is now? There is gonna be more dumbass bullshit, but as long as you don't mind me telling people to get fucked, we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 am

And we wouldn't do introductions anymore?
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 am

There would still be a intro section as well yes. I was just a thought something i was considering i think it might be neat to get more traffic, but i like our own corner of the web.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:35 am

why not just have them link to us instead of doing a full on merge? by doing that we will see more traffic but still remain independent. that is just an idea.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 am

^ True.
Back to top Go down
Secret Squirrel
Secret Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 pm

wituners just sounds fucking dumb. stay independent and develope uber elitist attitudes and bully outsiders...i mean this is the fucking internet, its the right thing to do
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Whats the payoff for you Nick? There has to be something in it for you to be worth considering IMO.
Back to top Go down
flyin_blue_egg

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Sounds like a great idea. Then all the people that are on here that are into 240's and say honda's etc. have a place to find information on everything. Plus then it would open up our site to that many more people that are looking at geting into the 240 scene.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:10 pm

its a hard decision, like thefreack said, pluses and minuses if you do this...
a link to us would be dope, but if its going world wide? is it really wisconsin 240 then (i know we do have members in IL and such just saying)

if half the kids on hwy join up on that wituners how bad could that turn out
look at the driftx kid (we know he aint gonna read this haha)

but if it happens, id love to yell at some kids lol
bahahahhaha

WHAMMY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
flyin_blue_egg

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:15 pm

traphikcod4 wrote:
its a hard decision, like thefreack said, pluses and minuses if you do this...
a link to us would be dope, but if its going world wide? is it really wisconsin 240 then (i know we do have members in IL and such just saying)

if half the kids on hwy join up on that wituners how bad could that turn out
look at the driftx kid (we know he aint gonna read this haha)

but if it happens, id love to yell at some kids lol
bahahahhaha

WHAMMY!!!!!

By the sounds of it though each "section" of wituners would be its own fourm. Run by it's own set of mods etc. With that being said I'm pretty sure that it could be set up in such a way that a person could be blocked/banned from posting/viewing certain "sections" of the overall fourm based on the decisions of the mods that run each "section"
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:24 pm

yea you could get banned or blocked, but its not gonna stop kids from trying to create an account to post inside of our section
unless you need some type of password, like on zilvia how you dont have permission to view it, but if it can go that way we may get less traffic...

i say see if we can get our own small section at the same time keep out site here.
idk im just a pawn in this big game of chess lol

what ever happens im sure ill go along with it up with it
im only on 2 forums. this and zilvia and i dont post on zilvia only buy parts lol
Back to top Go down
1siksc

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi guys, i will try to explain some more about wistuners. I was worried about the trash talking but there are ways around it if it does come to it. There is a specific section called Call Out, this subforum will be the only spot where one is allowed to trash talk to another, but hopefully nicely. There will be a huge amount of moderators, that will be in charge of specific forums. Also something i can add if trash talking starts, a specific group that can only access a specific part of the forum, like making a group called wi240sx and only these members can post or even view the 240 part of the forum. Other things Car Club support, Specialty sections like drifting, sound systems, lighting, drag racing, etc. and with these sections there will be a expert that can prove he really is one. They are there to ask questions, give suggestions, and post up how-to's and what to look for and so on. Every member will have their own Garage and Gallery where they can upload pictures of their vehicle and list what modifications they use. The forum will also have a track times list from 1/4 mile to rally racing. The forum isn't being made for any profiting or anything like so, the only ones that would pay would be vendors and really only like 5 dollars a month just to go to paying for the site and whatever extra would go to raffles or giving away t-shirts, like at car meets.

Here is a picture of what the parent site would look like, remember every section will be unique to it's self, own administrators, mods, theme, topics, sub forums, classifieds, events. Then under say classifieds there will be universal parts, general items, and cars for sale. Something else I like to do is when i was doing wisrts.com i made a topic "submit pictures of your car for rotating banner" where the members sent me pictures of their vehicles and for everytime someone clicked on a page someone elses car will be up.

I value everyone's opinion love or hate, also if anyone has something they would like to see please let me know! I am making this for you guys!! and yes wi240sx will be backed up to a file so if you guys do not approve it will be restored.

OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM 386212_2514084623929_1607580086_32512929_31168128_n

ohh and here is my car :p still under construction.

OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM 374014_2456896034250_1607580086_32487501_1985821437_n
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:25 pm

i'd prolly talk too much shit and get banned. i like jeff's idea though.
Back to top Go down
mattchow88
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

I think it would be a benifit for events like races, get togethers, and classifieds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 pm

the benifit i see aswell would be like get togethers and maybe classifieds.
idk if i had to vote yes or no... i wouldnt.... just like the.... nvm
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:46 pm

and this call out section you speak of...
... to me just sounds bad, bc god knows alot of these people will atleast hit hwy100 1 time during the summer...

someones gonna call someone out, hurt there feelings, the butthurt kid is gonna get some bigger kids, find there car on hwy and pounce of dude and/or his car like a lion and zebra...

or maybe im wrong, maybe im just overthinking it ...
Back to top Go down
1siksc

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:51 pm

lol traphikcod4, i hope thats over thinking it, but I can definitely see something like this maybe happening but if it would go to that extreme i think the section would just be token away. Also i am not a big fan of banning it doesn't really teach obedience, just makes the person more angry. I could see possibly see giving them a limit for a week to only seeing a few forums.

Also here is a pic of the specialties section.....
OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM 382619_2514300989338_1607580086_32512997_2070303012_n

Last edited by 1siksc on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Kinda sounds Ghey... Just my 2cents. I am an asshole though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:05 pm

And how does your "expert" for each section prove they are, as you say, an expert?
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:09 pm

i am an expect at choking someone with there own shirt, i can kill them in like a little over a minute...

i also am an expect shot with an m16?

lol, and i really wish i was overthing what i was talkin about up there, but i dont think i am
kids get there feelings hurt very face, and plus there are alot of haters in the world.
and then there are alot of kids who think they are professional street racers, you piss those kids off man idk how many times i almost seen kids just smash there car ups

ill shut up now
Back to top Go down
1siksc

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Experts would have to prove they are good at what they do by showing past or current works aswell as can explain basics of their specialty and when asked something more advanced can answer it and back it up. Example i have a sound expert on the fourm helping me test stuff and giving opinions.

Some topics he put up, Sticky: Car Audio 101 under construction, OMT, Official Media Thread post photos and videos here!!, The bangin'est songs around.

added content like

"Please be mature. Humility is key.

This thread is here to act as a general purpose troubleshooting, and thinktank knowledge-bass (get it Razz) If you need help, this is the place to ask.

GENERAL INFO JUNK:

Before posting here. Search on

Why you don't need a capacitor.

How to install your amp by yourself

If you are looking for subs, but dont know how they sound. Check out the video section on

Good place to research Amplifiers...

Also check out

---------------

Great places to get good products at low prices.

---------------

Terms to know:

RMS: The "real" amount of power your subs are getting, or, the amount that your subs need to run at optimal performance, so to speak. When an amp says 2000 watts MAX, it doesn't run at that. You need to look at RMS power.

Ohms: Basic unit of resistance. 1ohm=1volt/1amp.

Wiring: When people say to "wire subs down to X amount of ohms", it means to use your resistors (voice coils) to change resistance. Amplifiers run at different power (watts) at different resistances (ohms). When resistance goes up, power goes down. This is illustrated by the equation P=V^2/R.

Forms of wiring: Series and Parallel.

Series: Having two or more resistors, take the positive from one, and a negative from the other, wire them together, then wire the remaining positive and negative to the corresponding terminals. Equation=R1+R2+R3... etc. When two resistors of equal resistance are wired in series, resistance doubles.

Parallel: Having two or more resistors, take both/all positives and wire them all together to the positive terminal. Same thing with negatives. Equation= 1/((1/r1)+(1/r2)...). When two resistors of equal resistance are wired in paralllel, resistance halves.

Voice coils: The positive and negative terminals on your subs. Dual voice coil= two pairs of positive and negative terminals.

SQ: Sound quality, a build designed to preform more on the side of sounding good over being loud.

SPL: Sound pressure loudness, a build designed to be loud, and specifically meter good at events, as Termlab units measure the amount of pressure created rather than just by sound loudness."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM   OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM Empty

Back to top Go down

OPINIONS NEEDED ON FUTURE OF WI240SX.COM
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next