Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pistons... would you use these?

Go down 
+2
RBenDETT26awd
ka24det.hatch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

pistons... would you use these? Empty
PostSubject: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 6:12 pm

I need pistons. Found out they decided to have a bitch fight with the valves and well... The pistons lost. Would you use these? Im shooting for a goal of like 300 to 350 to the wheels eventually http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/CP/Engine/Pistons/-/18096
Back to top Go down
RBenDETT26awd

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 pm

if you're just going 300-350whp i'm pretty sure any aftermarket would hold that. plus them do seem pretty decent imho. i know there's waaaaaay more qualified ppl to answer it on here, but im bored AND opinionated sooooo  geek 
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 am

Anybody else?
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

If you're asking about the brand CP, yes, CP is reputable.
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:53 pm

The reason I ask is because they are only 155. (Not that I'm complaining) but the cheapest CP pistons on ebay are $500+. I was a little concerned that they weren't gonna hold up or something
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am

I'm assuming that is price per piston and not a set of 4.
Back to top Go down
RBenDETT26awd

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:30 pm

that IS per piston. most times if you look around you can find better deals. i.e. "bought for a build that never happened" "change of plans on a build" "still in the box collecting dust so its 50% off"...you know what im sayin
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Why in the hell would you sell per piston and not as a set. It's stupid. Anybody selling CP pistons or WISECO pistons for cheap?
Back to top Go down
zerepdivad
zerepdivad

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Probably so that it looks cheaper then someone puts in an order for a single haha.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:10 pm

ka24det.hatch wrote:
Why in the hell would you sell per piston and not as a set. It's stupid. Anybody selling CP pistons or WISECO pistons for cheap?

Damage one and you'll be glad they are sold in singles.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:56 am

^ Very true. I've been down that road before.
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Ok.... so I'm completely new at engine rebuilding but do u need to balance everything if I am just changing pistons and rings? And what about changing rod bearings? If I do so do I need the crank turned to make them all exactly the same or do I just check clearances with current bearings or ? Yea... I'm lost
Back to top Go down
RBenDETT26awd

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 1:41 am

id say if you're that new to it your options are have a trusted shop do it or grab your most exp buddy thats at least done one before. imho thats not a place to try and "tackle " a project
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:49 am

I don't have friends that rebuild stuff. They have to much money so they pay to have somebody do it. I'm in the built not bought place. I'm not afraid to do it. I just need to have some answers so I can. I know it's not that hard.
Back to top Go down
RBenDETT26awd

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 pm

okay. then just get a book and tackle it. any decent book will get you thru it along with research on the forums. i wouldnt worry about what you're gonna need cause the ka parts are a dime a dozen (even internals). so when you get in there and find you need it, grab it then
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:53 pm

In all honesty I just needed to know if my rotating assembly needed to be balanced if I only changed pistons. And if my crank needed to be turned to put new bearings in. (Current ones are OK but I wanted to know)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pistons... would you use these?   pistons... would you use these? Empty

Back to top Go down

pistons... would you use these?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: General Chat-
Jump to: