Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices Empty
PostSubject: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:13 am

I want to buy motor and tranny mounts but have no idea what are good or bad. I know my tranny mount is shot.

im looking for one that's gonna hold up to use and abuse from doing dumb shit lol

again, eventually will have turbo, aluminum driveshaft? and some other good stuff

what do you guys use?

first http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLID-ENGINE-MOTOR-TRANNY-MOUNT-240SX-S13-S14-SR20DET-SR20-/261045751732?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc78a0fb4&vxp=mtr

second http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-240SX-200SX-180SX-Engine-Transmission-Motor-Mounts-Megan-Racing-/261402335099?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A240SX&hash=item3cdccb177b&vxp=mtr

Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:11 am

I used nismo. I haven't clicked on either link.
Just letting you know what I used.
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 5:06 pm

I tried urethane and couldn't stand the vibration. Great mounts, fit awesome, absolutely sucked in the driveability category. Like 0 out of 10.

My mirrors (both side view and rear view) vibrated so much @ idle I couldn't even see out of them. You can just imagine the dash etc.

Stock redtop SR btw. 4 cyl have a sweet 2nd order frequency imbalance due to the lack of power overlap per crankshaft rotation. Anything with 5 cyl+ won't have this problem.

Nismo's do an amazing job of compromising between stiffness and driveability.

I currently run Nismo mounts and they are beyond perfect. I'd give them a 9/10 purely because of cost. Fit perfect, run perfect, there is nothing else I can say?
Back to top Go down
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

PostSubject: Re: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 pm

anybody try the megan racing ones?
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:21 am

I bought a Megan trans mount. Never used it. Sorry lol
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:31 pm

That trans mount is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices   motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices Empty

Back to top Go down

motor mounts and tranny mounts... so many choices
Page 1 of 1