Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ka24det.hatch
ka24det.hatch

Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T Empty
PostSubject: Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T   Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:47 pm

I need to put a different head on to get my motor up and running
I have seen mixed reviews on felpro head gaskets for boost but I don't plan on running a lot. Figure something like 8-10psi on a t28-gt30 or something close to that in precisions equivalent of them.

Not looking for a all out race car. I have another motor ill build for that. Just looking for a weekend drag car, and I nice daily driver

looking to see what you KA-T guys run for a head gasket
Back to top Go down
zerepdivad
zerepdivad

PostSubject: Re: Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T   Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:31 pm

I ran mine for years on stock headgasket.  Car is still driving around Illinois somewhere with a scrawny kid driving it non-turbo now. I ran 11PSI. Lots of folks run felpro on them though for mild setups.
Back to top Go down
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

PostSubject: Re: Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T   Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 am

I always wondered this too. i hear that stock HG were the way to go and thats what i ran with no issues on 8psi daily and will run again. i guess your best bet is stock gasket with a set of ARP studs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ridesmke.com
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T   Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 pm

i ran a stock head gasket and ARP's with no issues ever at 14psi and abused my ka-t t04e setup. After it blew i ran a cometic mls gasket and always had issues. The OEM is a lot more forgiving if your head isnt perfect.

My $.02, get your block and head decked and run what ever you want. Head studs will make a huge difference with what ever you choose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T   Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T Empty

Back to top Go down

Felpro headgasket ok for a little bit of boost? KA-T
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: