Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

help me ima a noob

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockets-21
rockets-21

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 am

ok. basically im totally new to 240s. i recently traded for one and the only problem is the guy said its not gettin enough vaccum coming from the intake. cuz when u put the intake on, it dnt suck in enough air causing the car to bog out. he ran a smoke test and welded the places there was smoke coming from an also tightened some things here an there i guess. but he said he pinned it down the the fuel pressure regulator because there was still smoke coming from there when he ran the test he just didnt want to spend the money to get the part if he was trading it anyways. so now its my problem. does this sound like it could be the problem? and i tried to take it off cuz i bought the part. but the two sscrews in the back are a bitch to get at an might be stripped. so what do i do. please help lol btw its a 91 ka24de
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:04 pm

i think i know this car, i'm not to sure as to why a FPR would cause a vaccum problem. unless the FPR is going bad and your not getting enough fuel and thats why it is bogging?

as far removign it, i haven't done one on a KA24DE but it should be pretty straight forward.

did you ever check your ecu codes? (check engine light)? Map is clean? TPS is set correct? timing is correct?
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 pm

BTW - is this with a STOCK intake or a aftermarket intake? if it's aftermarket see if you can get your hands on a stocker and see how it works. i know some people say KA's don't like "cone filters"
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
LigouriRd.
Be nice, I'm new

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
i know some people say KA's don't like "cone filters"
-Horse-hockey...only if you don't connect all the vacuum lines

Anyway if there was smoke coming from the fuel pressure regulator then it is probably not the regulator itself, rather the vacuum line going to it. Replacing that line is going to suck cause it is on the back of the head on a KA. It would probably be best to pull of the whole fuel rail. Start the car, then pull the fuel pump fuse so you burn all the fuel out of the lines. Then pull off the rail.

My $.02
Back to top Go down
rockets-21
rockets-21

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

ok sorry i been away for so long lol but ya i took it to my mechanic to look at it. he did another smoke test and found the leak was from the intake manifold on the 4th cylinder causing it to misfire. he found the main vacum leak from this tiny ass vacum line under the tb. pluged it up. so now i can run the cone filter on it. it runs better. but still misfire in the fourth cyl. cause its still got a big ass leak. so i think ima have him fix tht and hopefully it works like it should lol the idle is better. but still bogs a lil when u first start it up. he says its cause of the big leak. so wat yall think bout tht? an u think i should just put the stock airbox back in?
Back to top Go down
rockets-21
rockets-21

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:44 pm

sorry i been away for a while lol but i took it to my mechanic. he found the vacum leak. plugged it up. so now it runs on the cone fiter now. still bogs a lil bit. but its running better. he did another smoke test. and found out it wasnt coming from the fpr it was coming from the 4th cylinder of the intake manifold. and he said it was a big leak lol so he said tht could b the reason why the cylinder was misfire an boging down a lil. other then tht the car runs better. wat u guys think about tht? should i still keep the cone or should i just put the stock airbox back in? also he said ima need new spark plug wires lol
Back to top Go down
rockets-21
rockets-21

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:45 pm

sorry i been away for a while lol but i took it to my mechanic. he found the vacum leak. plugged it up. so now it runs on the cone fiter now. still bogs a lil bit. but its running better. he did another smoke test. and found out it wasnt coming from the fpr it was coming from the 4th cylinder of the intake manifold. and he said it was a big leak lol so he said tht could b the reason why the cylinder was misfire an boging down a lil. other then tht the car runs better. wat u guys think about tht? should i still keep the cone or should i just put the stock airbox back in? also he said ima need new spark plug wires lol
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:31 am

Just fix the intake leak and you should be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help me ima a noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me ima a noob   help me ima a noob Empty

Back to top Go down

help me ima a noob
Page 1 of 1