Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

[Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) Empty
PostSubject: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:06 am

http://custompinoyrides.com/2012/03/question-on-durability-of-rota-wheels/

i went threw in read it.
i think it was a pretty nice article to read if anyone cares...

save the non-sense comments please

Last edited by traphikcod4 on Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:49 am

i no haz time to read..... please tell me if rotas stilll suck or if they are better? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:10 am

you gotta read... lol
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:22 am

First off, i like the "High power vehicle" example list.

Honda S2000
Nissan 240SX
Porsche 944
Porsche Boxter
Audi TT

Also the E36 M3 he mention, He should have mentioned they went to a FORGED design for the E46.

Then they bring up they "oh they copied designs" and show OEM cars that have wheels that look the same, Didn't they just talk about how many OEM cars run Rotas? Maybe thats why they look the same.

The BBS LM VS VS-XX Is retarded to different wheels.
Same for the SSR Vs Work. All in the details.

The Centerline Vs. SSR MKI Are are dumb comparison as the Centerline has been around since what the 60s?

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/419647-president-rota-video.html

It sucks he took this video down, it was a video of the President / Owner of Rota and his Corolla, that DIDN'T HAVE ROTA'S ON IT. Not good enough for the owners car? Good enough for me to never look at them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:46 am

they talked about "the ROTA plant is one of the biggest manufacturers of OEM wheels for various brands like Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, and Mazda." yes

but when he was using the pics to prove a point about "copying wheel designs"
im sure the look a likes with the oem wheels he posted could be half on them (rota) and half on the company to tell them what design they want....

but the part i agree with is you can only go so far into making something, no just wheels. befor someone says you stole the idea from this or you copied this...
i know this point i am about to say has nothing to do with cars or wheels. but i hear it all the time in breakdancing. you make a move up but there is always that group of people or that person that says your a biter and stole the move or idea from someone else...

what i got out of it is a wheel is a wheels is a wheel. i live in wisconsin, with SHITTY roads, i dont have a 700+ hp car i am drifting with or doing time attack shit. its a street car...
no matter what wheel, you hit a good enough pot hole, its gonna hurt the wheels somehow, weither its a bend, a crack, a chip, or weakens it... matter of time it will fall into one of the first 3 things...

i also look at it as wheels to a car is like shoes to a person.... (depending on the person)
you buy both brand new your gonna take car of them. thats a given

but weither its a Jordan or some k-swiss shoe. a scuff is a scuff. yea the k-swiss may fall apart or w.e quicker than a jordon but you can get 4 pairs of kswiss's for the price of some new jordons...

idk maybe its just how i see things.

and then to touch on the part with the own of rota didnt have rotas on his corolla...
jayz own and designed roca ware (not no more, he sold it) but he wouldnt wear that shit unless it was like for a photoshoot or something.

thats all i really have for that... lol
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:55 pm

I don't know if i agree with the shoes, i've bought brand name and expensive shoes that fall apart faster then some cheap ass shoes.

[Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) Tumblr_m3cuwitOnF1qg83ixo1_500

I like this picture, ALOT. Yeah it shows a practically DESTROYED Volk TE37SL. Look closely the tire is still holding air. That is god damn impressive, any wheel can and will break, it's HOW they break.

Funny that you have BBS wheels and posted this Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:37 pm

i have bbs inspired wheels made by american racing lol

how do you know rotas dont or cant do that?
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:39 pm

heres a pic

[Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) DSC03904

rota busted still holding air
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm

If you look at the last 2 pics though it show the difference between them is a forged wheel is more likely to bend and the cast wheel is more likely to crack under heavy stress. I have an Enkei wheel in my garage with a big bend in the lip, all wheels will fail with under abuse/stress. That being said I don't give a shit what wheels that you have, it is not my concern what your car looks like or has on it. I may have my opinion, but do whatever the f$ck you want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:57 am

Interesting read for sure. I will stick with my JDM tyte wheels though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)   [Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Article]Question on durability of ROTA (incase anyone cares to read)
Page 1 of 1