Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

battery draining problem

Go down 
+5
mattchow88
93sapphirecoupe
Lizmo
Flicktitty
kouki_chee
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

battery draining problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:43 pm

ok i did some research and i believe my timing chain is stretched... i have a new problem now... i cant find the right timing chain... i keep seeing all these double chain but not singles???? my cam gears are singles and not double... any clue where to find them
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:50 pm

nvm...lol i checked the guides and they are doubled...lol my bad
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm

make sure you get a new tensioner.
Back to top Go down
mrsmickeymac
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: my 1989 hatchback -

The right headlight stays on even when the light is totally closed down

Is it a problem with the headlight relay?
Back to top Go down
ujsp
ujsp

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 am

It sounds like the battery drain issue isnt your central focus at the moment, but I'll comment on it anyway.

While I haven't dealt with electrical issues on the S-chassis specifically, I have had quite a bit of electrical experience on other platforms. If your short is in a body/engine wiring harness somewhere, it can be VERY difficult to trace. The best place to start is the fuse box. As somebody mentioned earlier, with multi-meter in hand, start pulling fuses until the drain disappears. That helps you to narrow it down at least.

Another place to look is the alternator. I know it sounds stupid, but I have had more than one car with a battery drain that ends up being a bad alt. The car would still charge when running, but there must have been some kind of a short to the body of the alt (which is the ground) thus creating an open circuit and draining the battery. I would recommend testing this by removing the power wire to the alternator (and wrapping it with something so it doesn't short out on anything) and letting it sit for a few days. If you come back out and the battery is still dead, then I would assume your short is elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battery draining problem   battery draining problem - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

battery draining problem
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2