Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats on your "to do list" this winter?

Go down 
+19
lssilvia
X1nom3D
93sapphirecoupe
Project S14
j240sxxx
flyin_blue_egg
ino20
pancho y onions
kouki_chee
ohhhizzzy
VNG704
Family240
traphikcod4
s13.240sx
Lizmo
Riggle
240sxguy
600SX
Flicktitty
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:34 pm

he had topperstix. but not pizza.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:25 am

No im keeping the single where did i say that i was getting rid of it? lol no im keeping it for a nice hatch shell project im ganna find later down the road when i have way more free time or at least every weekend off. *cough180sxaerocough*
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:30 am

yeah i remember those, he had them at my house before we took the car away. idk u said u were selling the coupe and i cant remember how many 240s ur have and what has the single cam lol but good, im glad ur not!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Lizmo wrote:
sooo winters over... whos winter projects are done?

Well, my projector headlights are done, and I didn't even have to build them. lol! badgerrock
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 pm

well strip car and fix all the rust spots, get second job for gr coils and full stance suspention upgrade wider wheels , and source a Ls-1 and Ls-3 heads maybe even go hard and do 1 off wide metal body.
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 pm

awesome!! have fun with all that!!
im starting my winter list now lol. gonna be little things, i dont want to have my car down half of summer like this year lol.
Back to top Go down
ino20
ino20

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:00 am

gt3076r Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.no-drift.tumblr.com
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:22 am

^make sure you get the 60mm exhaust wheel not the 56.6mm. the smaller ones are more laggy
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 am

the smaller ones are more laggy?? thats like backwards lmao.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am

lssilvia wrote:
well strip car and fix all the rust spots, get second job for gr coils and full stance suspention upgrade wider wheels , and source a Ls-1 and Ls-3 heads maybe even go hard and do 1 off wide metal body.

Not to bash Stance Products but have you ever thought of Parts Shop Max (PBM, PSM, MAX, Powered by Max) parts? I understand the local loyalty but there are better stuff out there for your car. SPL parts are nice as well.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 am

SPL > Stance there was a thread on SPL/STANCE parts on Zilvia and the guy's from SPL pretty much called stance out about coping there designs. Which for being such a "high name" and having every local guy swing from there nuts doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 pm

I have some SPL stuff and it's of the highest quality suspension stuff I have handled period.

Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Oh, and I am now just working on the stuff I wanted to get done last winter LOL
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 pm

i have no issues with either company. SPL makes great parts and ive had my share of them, but for being local you cant beat Stance for how easy it is to warrantee stuff or get stuff fast. But IMHO i prefer the PBM stuff over both. Super affordable, very beefy/strong. The guys there are cool as shit to just talk to over the phone. And they always make it up to you if theres an issue during shipping or with a purchase. I had an order get destroyed during shipping (truck rolled on interstate and 100% of cargo was lost) and they over nighted me the stuff i ordered free of charge and reemburst me for the shipping i paid for.

Oh and i had all my winter project stuff done(coilovers, roll/slight pull, 5 lug, rebuild ka-t after lifting the head) until i got cut off and wrecked the car. Now its back to "winter project" status even though its summer. Maybe ill have it back on the road before winter. But im doubting it.

Last edited by theboy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Lizmo wrote:

you did notice i said exhaust side right? try blowing on a fan at the base vs out at the ends of the blades. its easier the further out you go. the bigger the exhaust wheel is the faster (in general) the turbo spools. smaller wheels will spin faster and more efficient once spooled but tend to be slightly more laggy.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
Lizmo wrote:

you did notice i said exhaust side right? try blowing on a fan at the base vs out at the ends of the blades. its easier the further out you go. the bigger the exhaust wheel is the faster (in general) the turbo spools. smaller wheels will spin faster and more efficient once spooled but tend to be slightly more laggy.
can't say i have heard anyone else say this?
Back to top Go down
ino20
ino20

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 pm

SPL is amazing, i have all there links Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.no-drift.tumblr.com
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
93sapphirecoupe wrote:
Lizmo wrote:

can't say i have heard anyone else say this?

obviously there is more to it than just that. a/r will have more of an effect that the small wheel size difference. trim effects it as well. the 2876r is even worse since it has a 53mm wheel. the sizes are just to far off for it to be efficient. just go on garrett's website and look at the exhaust wheel sizes. as the turbos get bigger so do the exhaust wheels. keeping the small exhaust wheels while increasing the compressor wheels makes for bad matches and mis matching flow rates.

maybe im wrong or thinking of it the wrong way. afaik smaller a/r and larger exhaust wheel = less lag. please tell me if im wrong.

Last edited by 93sapphirecoupe on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm

well i was under the imprestion stance was the best havent really stop to think about it, SPL you say? any other brands that wont destroy my pockets that are good?
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:35 pm

93sapphirecoupe wrote:

obviously there is more to it than just that. a/r will have more of an effect that the small wheel size difference. trim effects it as well. the 2876r is even worse since it has a 53mm wheel. the sizes are just to far off for it to be efficient. just go on garrett's website and look at the exhaust wheel sizes. as the turbos get bigger so do the exhaust wheels. keeping the small exhaust wheels while increasing the compressor wheels makes for bad matches and mis matching flow rates.

maybe im wrong or thinking of it the wrong way. afaik smaller a/r and larger exhaust wheel = less lag. please tell me if im wrong.

You're right about there being more to it than just fin diameter. It all depends on what you want your engine to do. But I think you're blowing on the fan propellers in the wrong direction. You're trying to blow it from the front just to spin it, that's not how a turbo work. Look at how air nozzles work when you blow air out of the compressor. The tighter the opening, the faster the "X" amount of air has to travel to get through the opening.

If your air nozzle were to have a larger opening, "X" amount of air won't have to travel as fast to get out. The faster the air travel, the sooner it'll spin the turbine. It has a lot to do with the rotating inertia of the turbine. The slower air travels, the more time it'll take to spin the turbine. "X" amount of air = amount of exhaust gas at "Y" RPM.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:39 pm

^Take it to pm. wack it
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 pm

600SX wrote:
^Take it to pm. wack it

why?

X1nom3D your anology is explaining a/r. you have to think of the mechanical advantage the exhaust has with the larger exhaust wheel.

we took it to PM. but if a mod can start talking about suspension part companies why cant we talk about turbos? Wink

Last edited by 93sapphirecoupe on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:52 pm

lssilvia wrote:
well i was under the imprestion stance was the best havent really stop to think about it, SPL you say? any other brands that wont destroy my pockets that are good?

SPL and Stance have prices that are basically identical. Powered by Max part usually a little cheaper, but the same if not better quality. Their toe links allow you to go lower than all. RUCA's are almost idenitcle, i think PBM is beefier. I havent seen the newest SPL stuff yet. Traction and Tension arms are all the same between brands.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:58 am

He made one post. You guys are way off topic.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:08 am

cool thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats on your "to do list" this winter?    Whats on your "to do list" this winter?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats on your "to do list" this winter?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next