Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loosing clutch pressure??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

Loosing clutch pressure?? Empty
PostSubject: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Ok I got another 240 and it sat for a while. drove it home and noticed it had a soft clutch pedal and the more i drove it the less pressure it had and the harder it was to shift and get into gears, so I picked up a new slave installed and bled it again got good pressure but then i took it down the road and it slowly lost pressure again so i bled it again, had good pressure again and did the same thing slowly lost it over and over again,. so then i noticed there was a milky look to the fluid i bled out, so i decided to just flush the whole system got all new clean fluid bled got good pressure again and it did the same thing. so then i put in a new master cylinder bled and it did it again. so new slave new master and it looked like the line is newer and i dont see any leaks anywhere.. the clutch dampening loop is not hooked up so thats not the problem.. I cant think of anything else. has anyone ever had any problems like this before? I would like to drive my car more then a few miles before i have to stop and bleed the clutch. Any help would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Auto swap..... o_O lol
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:50 am

Pull the trans check the throw out bearing and slide. Might be broken
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:35 am

If it was broken would it really have good pressure when i bleed it? seems like if the tob was bad you would heard it and it would have pressure. ??
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:41 am

I would still say bad master or slave.

I know you changed both, but something is letting air in the system (or you didn't get all air out). Square cut rubber seals are more suspect than a broken line. With a broken line you would also notice a leak SOMEWHERE.

Pressure inside line is > atmospheric pressure almost always.

When my clutch system did exactly as you described, it was a master.

TOB is fine. Your logic is sound. It wouldn't be fine and get progressively worse every time you bled it.

If it has air/milky look to fluid, that is the problem. No need to blame the trans/clutch/TOB.

Did you bench bleed both the master and the slave before you installed?
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:27 pm

True
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:48 pm

No to the bench bleed but i bled both and there is no air bubbles, I read on nico somthing about adjusting the bolt on the back of the pedal, idk if it will work but hey its worth a shot if not iam going to replace the line and fittings and bleed the hell out of it.. iam out of options.
Back to top Go down
SuspectHonda

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:35 am

Replace the master again. I once got a new master that was "good" but was bad. Or it went bad very very very fast. Also bench bleed it.
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:21 am

SuspectHonda wrote:
Replace the master again. I once got a new master that was "good" but was bad. Or it went bad very very very fast. Also bench bleed it.

This.

Its about 1% of the labor involved compared to replacing all the lines and fittings.

If you bought it new, there should be a warranty on it. Bench bleed as well. If it still does it, then try the slave (in fact, the slave is so easy to do, put on your old one, one of them has to be good, ha).

Its a shit way to diagnose something, but I'll bet money its the master/slave.

That bolt wont do anything, so don't waste your time. That really won't affect whether or not air is getting past the seals when it goes through its stroke.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:14 am

Also take a look at the fork where the slave pushes on it for excessive play. And definitely bench bleed before you install.
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:20 pm

If the weather gets better today iam going to go bench bleed the master and then bleed the whole system again.. if anything ill try the old master again too but i dont have the old slave so i cant try that. ill update this with what happens, Just want to say thanks for the help so far guys!
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:04 pm

ok sorry i have not updated this in a while, today i took the master cylinder, the line, and the slave cylinder out. then i put it all together and bench bled the whole system outside the car, it had no leaks and no air in the lines.. it was perfect so i put it all back in the car still put together and once everything was in it had great clutch pressure and took i it for a drive. then it started doing the same thing and slowly lost pressure so now that i know there isnt any problems with the master the line or the slave. what iam thinking is maybe the clutch fork is bent?? and the when i push in the clutch the little cylinder in the slave is being pushed out too far, far enough that it breaks the little seal it has, and while it does that it gets more air in the line. what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

Totally possible. If you are 100% positive on the line/master/slave, that would be my next move. Trans on these cars are quick and easy...except having to flip it upside down, that sucks ballsack, but other than that easy peasy.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Now see i wasn't crazy. Drop the trans. Look at the fork, the pivot point and the slide not to mention the throw out bearing.
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:39 pm

ok found something else to try before i drop the trans i read on numerous forums about adjusting the clutch pedal because maybe its pushing the cylinder in the slave out too far breaking the seal inside and letting in air. I was going to try it today but its been raining all day :/
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 am

Sorry i never updated this but it end up being the pressure plate. the forks on the pressure plate where the tob push were so worn they were as thin as razor blades, i actually cut myself on them. anyways once i replaced the clutch and resurfaced my flywheel i put everything back together and have not had a problem since. I still drive the car everyday and have about 5,000 miles on it now. Thanks once again for helping me troubleshoot!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loosing clutch pressure??   Loosing clutch pressure?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Loosing clutch pressure??
Page 1 of 1