Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
maxima96se
Be nice, I'm new

Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. Empty
PostSubject: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey guys, im new to this forum but not to 240s. Also, ive done lots of research on this subject and generally do before asking questions.

So here it is. Im finishing a redtop/ auto-5mt swap into 89 coupe and finished it to the point of starting it for the first time yesterday and starting in many times today to put fluids in etc. So i finish bleeding the clutch sys and put gear oil in it and go to start it to take it for a test drive and it cranks all day but wont start. Im like wth since its been starting and idling very well every time i start it. So i start checking connections, i pull off a fuel line, its getting fuel. spark plugs are wet when pulled so injectors are working. However i find no spark now???? i unplug/replug coil harness, coils, ignitor, etc and try again and it kinda starts/idles horribly and dies when i crack the tb open. im just trying to think wth i did between when i put coolant and power steering fluid in and bled the MC and put gear oil in it to make it not start. Any ideas.

PS tomorrow i will be testing injectors for resistance and to see if they are sticking open and fouling plugs.
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Riggle

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:32 am

Maf hooked up correctly?

Bad air reading will cause it to die like nobody's business when the TB is opened.

Hard to say without doing some real testing.

Hate to say it, but we need more info.
Back to top Go down
maxima96se
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 am

See i was thinkin maf too but it ran fine all morning. I hadnt touched the maf at all til this issue. I then unplugged it, cleaned it and replugged it in. What other testing should i be doing. Im kinda stumped right now.....

Its a sr maf w apexi intake btw
Back to top Go down
rbpowerd
rbpowerd

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:51 pm

try doing a direct ground on the maf sensor id also check do a resistance check that power is still going to the maf sensor.
Back to top Go down
thefreack
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Also check your vacuum lines
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:05 am

sounds more like a timing issue. Did you ever tighten the cas down? Maybe you bumped it out of timing.

MAF would let it idle, it just wont rev past 3500rpm
Back to top Go down
maxima96se
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 am

here are some of my findings. After checking some connections and pulling plugs it seems i still have spark but the plugs are horribly fouled. injectors are all testing from 10.4-10.5 resistance but i think that its a fuel issue. I believe its too rich, im running a walbro 255 and stock fpr. When i pull the plugs they are always soaked with fuel...too much imo, and i can see fuel on the tops of the cyl. Any thoughts on this? anyone using a walbro w/ stock frp? I know on 4g63s they need an aftermarket fpr when doing the pump upgrade.
Back to top Go down
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 pm

i ran a stock fpr on a ka running 20psi and just ran stock frp on an sr with 14psi.

How do you know your plugs are firing, being soaked in fuel could just mean the plugs arent firing.

Put the motor at TDC on cylinder 1. pull the CAS and the fuel pump fuse. Pull coil pack and plug #1 and ground the spark plug by touching it to bare metal (engine block is prefered). Turn key to on position. Spin CAS gear to check for spark. Do it with dim lights as the spark is very fast and you will barely see a flash.

You can do the same test with the injectors, they will click.

Or go get an ocyloscope and watch the to see if they are firing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.   Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sr20det swap ran fine. Now nothing.
Page 1 of 1