Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cool_kat

Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in Empty
PostSubject: Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in   Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Just wondering what everyone runs there dwell settings and plug gap at? Any info would be great thanks
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

PostSubject: Re: Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in   Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Why do you need dwell with coils? That's for a distributor with one coil.
Back to top Go down
cool_kat

PostSubject: Re: Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in   Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:19 pm

put coils on a ka, triggerd with the cam sensor in the distributor. Need to know a good dwell so i dont burn up the coils.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in   Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has some information about coil dwell that may be of use to you. I run whatever the stock RB dwell is on my coils.
Back to top Go down
speed_demon

PostSubject: Re: Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in   Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Clark @ JWT made a comment that stock dwell is great for the packs, but can also increase them if need be.

From what I have been told, the coils work beautifully at stock dwell settings on a stock SR ecu. Not sure about a KA ecu, though you could ask the gurus on NRR if you want a good straightforward answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in   Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in Empty

Back to top Go down

Guys with ls1 coils or ls2 coils step in
Page 1 of 1