Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DSMer Wants Out!

Go down 
+10
Jc9up
Riggle
Flicktitty
ohhhizzzy
speed_demon
traphikcod4
s13.240sx
600SX
lssilvia
ujsp
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ujsp
ujsp

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:09 pm

High my name is Andy and Im an alcohol.. I mean DSMer. I have been into DSMs since I was 15, and I feel its time for a change. I have always wanted an s13 hatch, and am now finally in the market for one. I have my daily driver 92 eagle talon non turbo that Im looking to get rid of as well!
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
lssilvia

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:19 pm

uhh welcome, and sorry took so long . best of luck finding a ride.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin
600SX

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Welcome, Andy.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome to the site good luck finding a car to molest!
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4
traphikcod4

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:22 pm

welcome man
also good luck on finding a car to have fun with
Back to top Go down
speed_demon

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Baptism by fire? My hatch will be up for sale after I get some of the kinks ironed out. Twisted Evil

And welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
ohhhizzzy
ohhhizzzy

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Whale cum...
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
Flicktitty

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Welcome, where about are you from? whats your budget?
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Riggle
Riggle

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Welcome!

I too was a DSM'er, for about 9 or 10 years before I moved over to Nissans.

I loved my DSM's, but they were just not good for much...they were sweet for drag racing, but they weren't especially good at it considering the cost and mechanical downtime. Mustangs/camaro's/ect are all way faster per $ spent, sound better, and are more reliable. So I had to throw in the towel.

I had quite a few DSM's, all 1ga's or GVR4's. All of my 1g's were consistent 12.80 cars that could cut a 1.6 60' any day/time of the week. Needless to say I am glad I moved over to Nissans and track/autox, I actually drive the car way more, spend less $, and don't have to worry about what Shep/TRE trans I am going to have to buy next.

Here is my lastest DSM before I sold her to pay for the S13, sad day, but for the best.

DSMer Wants Out! CIMG4027

DSMer Wants Out! Resize2

DSMer Wants Out! Resizegalants13

Again, welcome aboard, best of luck in picking up a car!
Back to top Go down
Jc9up
Jc9up

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Welcome... And good luck with your search.
Back to top Go down
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:09 am

welcome. may this forum be your first step into the s chassis lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ridesmke.com
zerepdivad
zerepdivad

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:38 pm

I had a tsi awd 1g for a while. It was one of my favorite cars for daily use. It hadn't been molested by girl pants kids so it was reliable.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:34 pm

zerepdivad wrote:
It hadn't been molested by girl pants kids so it was reliable.

This made me LOL just a little.
Back to top Go down
nismodave
nismodave

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Dsms are for queers.

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:32 pm

welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
ujsp
ujsp

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:00 am

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Titty: Im from the Milwaukee area, and Im looking to spend around 3,000. Ideally, a 5 speed, chuki front s13, with minimal rust on the towers and frame rails. But I would deal with a clean pignose auto for the right price.

Speed_demon: Let me know details when its for sale!

Riggle: Nice vr4! Ive never had one of those, but it was always on my "dsm want" list..
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin
Lizmo

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:37 pm

thats gonna be hard around here to find one rust free for 3k.... look south.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
ujsp
ujsp

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Got one! I settled for an auto, pignose from Green Bay, but at only 98,xxx miles and owned by an old man who showed me pictures of him and his buddies at the Ice Bowl, I think everything will be ok. I'm also assuming I got the base model as it has manual locks, windows, no sunroof, no spoiler, and no pignose lip. ( I cant wait to see what it weighs. Coming from the world of DSMs where anything under 3200lbs is awesome, Im sure this car will be my lightest yet)

There is minor rust on the passenger rocker panel that will have to be cut out and new metal molded to replace it, along with a little surface rust under each mirror, on the strut towers, and a tiny spot under the rear tail light, but none of that is structural. Frame rails are decent, with the passenger side fairly rusted while still being completely structural, and just surface rust on the drivers side.

The interior seems to be in excellent shape as well. No dash cracks, missing pieces or hacked up wiring for speakers and subs. I pulled the door cards today to replace the locks, and I honestly don't think they have ever been off before. The original jack and spare are in the trunk as well! Sweet!

I enjoyed cracking open the glove box and finding the minty clean owners manual and warranty book with the name, address and phone number of the original owner, along with a couple business cards from the Nissan/Chevy/Mercedes/Geo dealership it was purchased from. ( I didn't even know you could buy Geos new!! I always figured they rolled off the line with over 178k on them.. who knew??)

The plan for the near future is to fix the major rust on the rocker, and knock out the surface rust spots before they become a real issue. Then 5 speed swap, suspension, wheels, exhaust and drive it. I've become accustomed to the DSM world where you yank the motor out of everything, make it as un-reliable as possible, and attempt to daily drive it. I will not be doing that with the 240. (until I inevitably become bored)

Anyway, the only pictures I have are iphone ones that I used for my application for Hobbyist plates, I should have more professional photos once my photography buddies find out Ive brought home another hooptie.

DSMer Wants Out! Driverside6-2-12

DSMer Wants Out! Rear6-2-12

DSMer Wants Out! Passside6-2-12

DSMer Wants Out! Front6-2-12

DSMer Wants Out! Enginebay26-2-12

DSMer Wants Out! Dash6-2-12
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
s13.240sx

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Nice find. Looks like it even has original floor mats. If you are going to dispose of them let me know! That surface rust under the tail lights might be fixed easier by just finding that panel under the lights and replacing it. somebody on this forum has to have one im sure. Have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
ujsp
ujsp

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm

^^Good deal. Thanks for the tip!!

Back to top Go down
speed_demon

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 am

Nice car. Looks clean, well taken care of.

Was this the one advertised on CL as being a rare collectors car for $3K?

Back to top Go down
ujsp
ujsp

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

It was on CL, but It was not the one that was advertised as a collectors car. Or at least the ad I responded to wasn't titled that.

Looks like rust repair will start sometime next week. If anyone has a spare good condition Chuki bumper with extensions sitting around, I would love to take it off your hands!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DSMer Wants Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSMer Wants Out!   DSMer Wants Out! Empty

Back to top Go down

DSMer Wants Out!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Introductions-
Jump to: