Wisconsin240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air Oil Seperator

Go down 
+2
theboy
xwizkidx
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:23 am

Sweet that's what I was thinking just retrofitting that's all the info I needed if you think it could work in place of a catch can then I'm for it.. I'll keep a lookout online for similar stuff. Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ridesmke.com
theboy
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm

If this is going on a ka or sr or rb then it is completely pointless. Think about it, your going to run the valve cover vent back to the valve cover. Your not allowing pressure to leave the cover. Your just dirrecting it back into it. A catch can is only inline of the breather system to catch the small amount of blow by oil that could be pushed out the vent port before it makes its way to the intake pipe after the maf. . Meow if you run this your still going to have to vent the valve cover so you dont over pressurize the head and crank case and blow your valve seals and main seals. So that means your running a hose from it back into the intake pipe. Which youll be running a catch can to stop any blow by oil from entering the intake.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:07 pm

theboy wrote:
If this is going on a ka or sr or rb then it is completely pointless. Think about it, your going to run the valve cover vent back to the valve cover. Your not allowing pressure to leave the cover. Your just dirrecting it back into it. A catch can is only inline of the breather system to catch the small amount of blow by oil that could be pushed out the vent port before it makes its way to the intake pipe after the maf. . Meow if you run this your still going to have to vent the valve cover so you dont over pressurize the head and crank case and blow your valve seals and main seals. So that means your running a hose from it back into the intake pipe. Which youll be running a catch can to stop any blow by oil from entering the intake.

that grimmspeed part does supposedly separate the oil from the crankcase vapor. the top port of the 3 on top is what gets sent back to the intake manifold (N/A) or before the turbo inlet (turbo) there is a drain on the bottom of that cap.
Back to top Go down
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

theboy wrote:

I wouldnt run the valve cover back to the pipe. this is in between the pcv and the intake.. the valve cover id either keep a breather filter on it or pipe that back to the intake. realistically one shouldn't have oil coming out of the valve cover right?
Back to top Go down
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Pulled this from another site..

wow. there are a lot of people with misconceptions about the pvc system.

the port on the valve cover is to allow fresh air to go into the engine. it's on the front side of the throttle plate. there is no vacuum there, ever. the pvc valve is connected to the intake manifold behind the throttle plate. as long as the throttle is closed, i.e. idle, the pvc has vacuum on it and is sucked open. it draws air through the engine from the vc port. the idea is to suck the oil vapors out of the engine.

even during cruising there is some vacuum on the intake manifold making the pvc system work. boosted engines can still benefit from pvc system. as for the vc having vapors sucked out of it, that's not possible. when the engine is pressurized from blow by, that will push vapors out of the valve cover port into the intake tube. if you put a vacuum gauge on the intake tube going to the vc, you will never see vacuum on it.

This has always been a big debate on KA-T.org. The SR PCV system is much more ideal for turbo, for obvious reasons. For the turbo KA the general consensus is to replace the PCV valve with a 3/8x3/8 fitting (which is precisely the same part as the PCV valve, minus the valve part), run a hose from fitting to catch can, and from catch can to pre turbo intake pipe. As for the valve cover, VTA. Thats about the best you can do short of redesigning it on your own.

Remove PCV valve. Install 3/8ths NPT fitting in place. Run hose to ground or vented can.

Valve cover fitting. Turn it counter clockwise and run 5/8ths hose to back of engine bay and down towards tranny case...Or to a vented can.

Plug Throttle body boot fitting with 5/8ths Cap.

And obviously cap the the Vacuum tree that the PCV was connected to.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:40 pm

didn't i already tell you to do that?
Back to top Go down
xwizkidx
xwizkidx

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 am

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
didn't i already tell you to do that?

You did i just wanted to throw all that info i found elsewhere to support your point. and to help anyone else who comes across this to get a better idea..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Oil Seperator   Air Oil Seperator - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Oil Seperator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: